Author Topic: flight plan for AI  (Read 6844 times)

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
flight plan for AI
« on: February 25, 2011, 07:36:15 pm »
hi folks

i was wondering,

cant you make a flight plan for your own, through fsx flight planner, and then just convert it to AI?
would be easy AI traffic.

I found most of the ai traffic programs, i wouldnt say hard, but badly organized, not much user friendly, so you have to go to various places to do a simple task.

so yeah, cant you do what i asked?
what about good AI flight planner programs, you guys know any good ones?

thanks

Orion

Re: flight plan for AI
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 07:55:59 pm »
I saw one uploaded to Simviation a little while ago.

http://simviation.com/1/find-file?fileId=35667
http://simviation.com/1/find-file?fileId=35606

Both have the same image/description, but they're different file sizes.  I haven't tried either of them, so I'm not sure if they're any good or what the difference is.

Herbie

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2011, 06:29:56 am »
I use FSXtools by Christopher. You need SDK installed. See his website <http://fsxtool.com/> it's freeware with Donation if you are happy. Here is the Sludge FA/18 at My airport CYKF Kitchener, Ontario. Beside you see a Cessna in yellow C-KWHK (My first try) and the Traffic Info window From the Sludge. Toke off at 09:00 hrs and went to a City of Hamilton. I did follow with the sludge, was fun. Will work on some Military traffic later on. Herb

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2011, 07:33:13 am »
Herb...

I think I used that to make the KSAN-KLAS-KSAN KC-135T Tanker flight plan.  Its pretty easy once you use the tutorial and now I use it with Carrier 1 and 2 tracks to do touch and go's, then after about 4-5, I get airborne, look up the Tanker and do some tanking on the way to KLAS.

Alot of fun and good practice.

Later
Sludge

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 09:07:11 pm »
thanks sludge, thats actually what im looking for, making a flight plan for myself, where i'll meet the tanker in mid flight, best if between waypoints, and maybe also a carrier, but those were just random thoughts in my head, perhaps i can achieve that now.

is that what you made?

Herbie

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2011, 10:54:04 pm »
Hello Sludge! I have a MIG 21 fishbed, It won't show in the traffic-Box. So, I can't track it in the air. Do you know what I have to change, so ATC see it? See screen-shot Traffic Info, 2nd from top is empty. Herb

Herb...

I think I used that to make the KSAN-KLAS-KSAN KC-135T Tanker flight plan.  Its pretty easy once you use the tutorial and now I use it with Carrier 1 and 2 tracks to do touch and go's, then after about 4-5, I get airborne, look up the Tanker and do some tanking on the way to KLAS.

Alot of fun and good practice.

Later
Sludge

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2011, 04:38:14 am »
Herb...

Im not really sure why thats not coming up.  Where did you get the MiG aircraft from?  Maybe its missing some info., so it appears in the game but doesnt get loaded properly as AI?  Just not sure.

Later
Sludge

Johan

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2011, 06:05:13 am »
Hello Sludge! I have a MIG 21 fishbed, It won't show in the traffic-Box. So, I can't track it in the air. Do you know what I have to change, so ATC see it? See screen-shot Traffic Info, 2nd from top is empty. Herb

Herb,

Some of the AI planes do not show up in the traffic box, like the 737 tanker in carrier ops from Orion. It is not unusual, but I still don;t have the answer.

Regards,

Johan

Herbie

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2011, 09:28:30 pm »
I did get 3 different Migs from Flightsim.com (Those are Not AI planes)They load OK and the show-up under Tools/TrafficToolbox/Explorer or in the Map. See screenshot. I also have a SU this plane show-up in both location. I did changed Airports, went to Frankfurt Germany. In there was a lot AI Military planes. None showed in the Sludges traffic Info, but I did see the empty space moving and showing the height in  Feet only. Well, I found out: the TTbox/Map show all the info you need. right now; C-MIGE is 20 feet away from the Sludge.  :) Could kill it with a hammer. Herb  

Herb...

Im not really sure why thats not coming up.  Where did you get the MiG aircraft from?  Maybe its missing some info., so it appears in the game but doesnt get loaded properly as AI?  Just not sure.

Later
Sludge
« Last Edit: March 07, 2011, 09:31:58 pm by Herbie »