Author Topic: Floaters ?  (Read 6494 times)

flynorth

Floaters ?
« on: February 01, 2011, 02:17:40 am »
Hi All!

New to the forum and products, firstly Hello, secondly great sceneries. I recently purchased, KLAS, KFLL, KJFK, KORD and love them all.  The group purchase discount and christmas savings were great!

Anyways, I have a problem I cant seem to find here on the forum.

At JFK 2 of the terminal buildings are floating 6 "feet" from the ground, gates look in place, but buildings are floating...

Has anyone seen this before, is anyone aware of how to solve it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Setup-
FSX/Win7/64
Sceneries in the Region...

KJFK -FSDT installed.
KLGA - ImagineSim
KBOS - Flytampa
Aerosoft - Manhatten X (WAS INSTALLED But i ditched it, as the frame rate hit was too much to bare) Ps. If anyone wants to buy a second hand copy - PM me..

Thanks guys!!
Matt.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Floaters ?
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2011, 09:51:08 am »
Whenever you see something floating, it's always a problem of another duplicate AFCAD, that has a slightly different altitude setting.

They usually come with AI Traffic packages, and you can use the free FSX Airport Scanner program to find AFCAD duplicates, and remove them.

ryanbatcund

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2011, 03:27:07 pm »
Hi All!

New to the forum and products, firstly Hello, secondly great sceneries. I recently purchased, KLAS, KFLL, KJFK, KORD and love them all.  The group purchase discount and christmas savings were great!

Anyways, I have a problem I cant seem to find here on the forum.

At JFK 2 of the terminal buildings are floating 6 "feet" from the ground, gates look in place, but buildings are floating...

Has anyone seen this before, is anyone aware of how to solve it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Strange, I'm also getting this.  Just installed ORD and JFK from a fresh FSX Acceleration install, no major tweaks, just the usual highmemfix.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2011, 09:47:17 pm »
I repeat and confirm, whenever you see something floating, it's always a problem of another duplicate AFCAD, that has a slightly different altitude setting.

They usually come with AI Traffic packages, and you can use the free FSX Airport Scanner program to find AFCAD duplicates, and remove them.

ryanbatcund

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 12:22:50 am »
I repeat and confirm, whenever you see something floating, it's always a problem of another duplicate AFCAD, that has a slightly different altitude setting.

This is a fresh installation of FSX Acceleration, just put it in yesterday.  No ADE files or anything...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: April 03, 2011, 04:36:15 pm »
This is a fresh installation of FSX Acceleration, just put it in yesterday.  No ADE files or anything...

If you reinstalled FSX, if you haven't removed the previous FSX folder manually, it's not a fresh install, since the FSX uninstaller will only remove files that it had installed, but not anyting else you might have added after that and will also not remove any default file that was modified.

And even if you removed the previous FSX folder manually, it's still not a 100% fresh install, since the FSX uninstaller will also not remove the local settings folder that contains fsx.cfg, saved flights, etc. so, to be considered a really fresh install, you should remove them manually as well.

Of course, this assuming you left JFK on top of the Scenery Library after installing it, which is where its installer puts it by default.

flynorth

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2011, 08:47:21 am »
Thank you for the reply above, i have been quite busy and have yet to try your suggestion.. I dont have any AI packages, but could be AFCAD, I will scan with the tool you suggested and report back!
Thanks..

Whenever you see something floating, it's always a problem of another duplicate AFCAD, that has a slightly different altitude setting.