Author Topic: Sludge/Combat Hornet Integrator - Released  (Read 252051 times)

Sludge

• SQUEEZING EVERY NICKEL of life for all its worth!
    • SludgeHornet.NET
Re: Sludge/Combat Hornet Integrator - Released
« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2011, 01:32:50 am »
JR...

Thanks for the info, getting it ready for upload as we speak.

Later
Sludge

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2011, 03:43:45 am »
Fellas...

Just uploaded to AVSIM.com and flightsim.com, so it will take a day or so before being available to the general public for download.  Also, just uploaded to Simviation as well, they have a quick turnaround time.

Seriously want to thank alot of the forum members for the work and support.  I know Im the unofficial "team leader", but without your help the "Sludge Hornet" would just be a couple of folders with modded .air files and .cfg files and a few effects.

Thanks fellas and here's to hoping more people get to enjoy the Sludge/Combat combo!

Later
Sludge
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 03:51:23 am by Sludge »

svicar

• DEAS GU CATH
    • The Hornets Nest
« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2011, 12:33:42 pm »
Hey Sludge,

I had a bit of idle time and thought I would try some visual tweaks on the default "Grunge Sludge". Let me know what you think ;D

Visit me at "The Hornet's Nest".

http://www.wix.com/svicar/thehornetsnest

Tregarth

« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2011, 09:47:21 pm »
I cannot make the Integrator run.

I am using WinZip and also have Firefox running.  I have downloaded SHCHI from FlightSim.com. When I try to run SHCHI.exe I see a message saying it has stopped working and also the screen shown below.

I am using Win7 but do not have any Sludge Hornets on this install of FSX.

The PC had just run Automatic Update and installed Win 7 SP1.  This had reset the !"£$%^ User Account Control to Medium.  The first time the SCHI file did not install I checked UAC and to my annoyance discovered the reset setting.  I turned off UAC, restarted the PC and tried again but still with no luck.

Please be aware that Win 7 SP1 seems to reset the UAC.

Tregarth  :( :(
« Last Edit: April 04, 2011, 10:00:19 pm by Tregarth »

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #49 on: April 04, 2011, 10:13:21 pm »
Purely guess work in this case (Integrator because I have not used it) however often I get these erroneous messages in Windows 7 - even though the program has installed correctly without any other interference. Because I have not used the Integrator I don't know what the result will be. Has the result been checked - despite the message?
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 02:52:14 am by SpazSinbad »
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

Sludge

• SludgeHornet.NET
« Reply #50 on: April 04, 2011, 10:51:26 pm »
Tree...

Just got your post.  Will see what can be done.  If nothing else, Ill just get you the full files with simple install instructions.  It will be big, but keep in mind, that you wont get any install errors as it will be manually done.  Since Raz made the installer in Win7, Im kinda powerless to help unless he comes up with an idea or fix.  Just like the UAC thing, that I have no idea about, being a WinXP user.

Also, I've just been upgrading the Sludge with some really awesome fixes, in conjunction with Jimi of FSXBA.  He's got some really good ideas for the aircraft.cfg and the fa-18.air file that make the Sludge even more stable and easy to control.  Put it this way, when doing a 30 deg AoB turn, the Sludge will now HOLD 30 deg very easily with little stick input.  And of course, I have an even better version of the G-Vapor (alpha blends into the wing better), and EG Smoke (now one effects file; lower alpha; better blending) effects.  The smoke effects are now one file, no more EG_Smoke_DARK/Smoke.  I figured out a better gear compression too, so that its even more stable, and the nose gear gets more bounce on the strut itself, but the jet itself is more stable on touchdown.  Great for carrier landings... if done right (about 700 ft/min RateOfDescent), when you trap, you dont NOSE DIVE into the carrier deck.

So all in all, this Sludge will be part of what v1.3 will look like.

BTW, anybody up for testing the newest Sludge mods?  If so, would you rather it be in the SHCHI.exe installer or as a manual install?  Or I can make it both?  Let me know what you'd prefer.

Later
Sludge

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #51 on: April 04, 2011, 11:03:01 pm »
Purely guess work in this case (Integrator because I have not used it) however often I get these erroneous messages in Windows 7 - even though the program has installed correctly without any other interference. Because I have not used the Integrator I don't know what the result will be. Has the result been checked despite the message?

messages like "the program might not have been installed correctly" and then two options such as "install using recommended settings" and "program was installed correctly" ?

if thats the case, you can just ignore it, or click the option that says it installed correctly.

if not, whats the message?

Johan

« Reply #52 on: April 04, 2011, 11:29:04 pm »
Sludge,

I am in for testing and the SHCHI.exe installer works fine for me.

Johan

Letourn

« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2011, 12:54:11 am »
I will be more than happy to try the new setup. Like you already know i will need a full package SHCHI.exe don't work for me.

Thanks

simaddict

« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2011, 12:55:01 am »
Tregarth,
Not sure if this will help, but I noticed when I tried to save , and burn to disc from work, the I got the same message..."stopped working". Win 7 at work, and home. I figured it couldn't find FSX at work which makes sense, it works fine from home. Is the path for FSX on a different drive or something where it could't find it? Just a thought.

Sludge,
Can't wait for 1.3, sounds great!
Take care guys! Mike    
Cooler Master Tower.
TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) MOTHERBOARD
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

GOONIE

« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2011, 04:07:46 am »
Same here, I would like to help test, prefer the manual install if possible.

-Capt
"You've got to land here, son. This is where the food is."

Tregarth

« Reply #56 on: April 05, 2011, 01:09:49 pm »
Firstly,  Thank you all for your helpful replies.  I am very grateful to you all.

I only downloaded SHCHI.zip dated 03-20-2011 from FlightSim.com; should I have also downloaded sludgehornet_modification..zip as well?  The way I have read the SHCHI Read Me only SHCHI is required.

To reply to all of your suggestions:

1.  Spazsinbad.  I have checked in Select Aircraft - No Sludge Hornets show.

2.  Fael.  I tried this yesterday and again today; nothing happens.  Please see the ScreenGrabs they are in the order SHCHI 1 then 2.

3.  Johan.  Is this a fresh install or did you have Sludge's Hornets already installed so your instal was an upgrade?

4.  Mike.  FSX is in the default location.

I tried to manually extract to FSX/..../Sim Objects the file appears in the appropriate folder but does not "unpack" so I just have SHCHI in the folder (which is what I expected).

Sludge version 1.3 sounds spectacular, will you be releasing it soon?

Thank you all again,

Tregarth
« Last Edit: April 05, 2011, 01:17:11 pm by Tregarth »

Johan

« Reply #57 on: April 05, 2011, 03:46:44 pm »
Tregarth,

I re-installed the Sludge on 3/15/11 with a downloaded SHCHI also on 3/15/11. I always save the "older Sludge" (no offense Christian...) far away from my FSX folders before re-installing a new one, so the new version doesn't know there was an old one before. Make sure you keep your MS original F/A-18 in your plane folder though because the install may look for it...

Johan

Tregarth

« Reply #58 on: April 05, 2011, 06:37:07 pm »
Johan,

Thanks, my default F-18 is intact and flies as a MS F-18 should.

Tregarth

simaddict

« Reply #59 on: April 06, 2011, 04:36:23 am »

Also, I've just been upgrading the Sludge with some really awesome fixes, in conjunction with Jimi of FSXBA.  He's got some really good ideas for the aircraft.cfg and the fa-18.air file that make the Sludge even more stable and easy to control.  Put it this way, when doing a 30 deg AoB turn, the Sludge will now HOLD 30 deg very easily with little stick input.  And of course, I have an even better version of the G-Vapor (alpha blends into the wing better), and EG Smoke (now one effects file; lower alpha; better blending) effects.  The smoke effects are now one file, no more EG_Smoke_DARK/Smoke.  I figured out a better gear compression too, so that its even more stable, and the nose gear gets more bounce on the strut itself, but the jet itself is more stable on touchdown.  Great for carrier landings... if done right (about 700 ft/min RateOfDescent), when you trap, you dont NOSE DIVE into the carrier deck.

So all in all, this Sludge will be part of what v1.3 will look like.

BTW, anybody up for testing the newest Sludge mods?  If so, would you rather it be in the SHCHI.exe installer or as a manual install?  Or I can make it both?  Let me know what you'd prefer.

Later
Sludge

Sludge,
Thanks again for all the updates!
Just wanna know...if I run the SHCHI.exe again, right now, are there the changes that you are working on? Or is there a separate full installer on your site, or another site? Sorry, getting anxious to try it!! Thanks, Mike   
Cooler Master Tower.
TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) MOTHERBOARD
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB