Author Topic: Support issue - all FSDT and Cloud9 products - SOLVED  (Read 9770 times)

mikkelen

Re: Support issue - all FSDT and Cloud9 products
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2011, 04:28:11 pm »
Or maybe the problem actually is solved now, and the change of contour is just normal FSX LOD - as mesh-man commented.

Meshman, I zoomed out to the borders of the bizzare land-mass. I'm not sure why you think i should apologize for getting help with an issue that appears at FSDT airports. From the very start, I stated that i thought this was a compatibility issue.

I will do some test later to see if everything is back to normal, at a more useful POV.

DrJ1

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2011, 01:21:08 am »
I was not suggesting that there is a a driver problem specifically related to FSX or FSDT.    I just know that nVidia is having all kinds of issues with the current drivers.  Mostly with newer games.   I know now that my issue was not a driver problem, but rather a .cfg issue.   I was using the default  fsx.cfg.  The default fsx.cfg was not working well with the newer video card.   I actually had to modify the  Reject Threshold in the buffer pools section in order to correct the graphics issues.    Take a look at this :

http://forums1.avsim.net/topic/281538-the-bp0-conclusions/

It explains a lot.... it is supposed to be in layman's terms but it is still quite technical.  I had to read it a few times.   Hope it can help you out.  Good luck

mikkelen

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2011, 02:21:13 am »
Thanks for all help. The problem is solved.

- I re-ran the UTX setup tool
- Backed up and deleted the fsx.cfg
- Restarted FS and reinitiated all 3. party modules
- Quit FSX
- Brought the backed up fsx.cfg back in use

Everything works as it should. Perhaps only running the UTX setup tool was enough to fix the problem, but i did not re-run fsx after just that step, so I cannot confirm...

Best,
Mikkelen

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2011, 04:51:03 am »
I'm not sure why you think i should apologize for getting help with an issue that appears at FSDT airports. From the very start, I stated that i thought this was a compatibility issue.

We are quite accustomed to users finding all sort of problems, which turn out to be caused by other products after all so no, there's no need to apologize. I think the main issue is, most come here for help, because it's very well known that help IS usually given here, even ensuring you it's not an FSDT problem, can usually help you understanding what the real problem is.