Author Topic: Shimmering Graphics  (Read 2659 times)

sonebone

Shimmering Graphics
« on: December 21, 2010, 02:25:04 pm »
Hi I hope this is the right forum....I just purchased PHNL and Hawaiian airports and noticed I have alot of shimmering in the textures from the midscreen and up. I like to fly outside the aircraft and notice when i pan around with different views its worse or a little better. I do have this with some other sceneries as well and was wondering if there were any tips on how I might improve this. I tried installing for PHNL the texture resizer which I thought would help this but it did not. Also by the way fences really shimmer bad. Thanks again and happy holidays.
E6850 3GB, 4 GB ram, 500GB sata 2 HD, EVGA 470 GTX, Windows XP

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Shimmering Graphics
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 04:55:00 pm »
This is not the right forum, since it's not a PHNL support forum and, of course, if you posted in the right section (PHNL for FS9 or PHNL for FSX), it might have been possible to know which version you were referring to, even if you haven't mentioned in your message. After you clarify this, we'll move the message in the correct section.

In any case, if by "shimmering" you mean textures that flickers when the view moves, and since you noticed on fences specifically, IF you are referring to FS9, it's probably a too high setting on the MipMap quality slider. Putting it all the way to the right ( the 8 value ) will cause shimmering, a more sensible value is 5 or 6.

Also, try to use Anisotropic filtering on the Video card control panel.

In some cases, this can be caused by the lack of MipMap in the scenery textures, but PHNL and all our sceneries, always have MipMaps, just to prevent shimmering.