Author Topic: Landing Gear  (Read 6951 times)

silvercondor

Landing Gear
« on: February 23, 2008, 03:29:34 pm »
Has anyone noticed that the landing gear will not retract in the carrier tutorial.  The gear handle will select in the cockpit, but the outside view showes they are still down.

I want to thank the form for all the help in understading the cockpit controls.  I think we need a pdf file that list all the functions and how to use them.

With out this form the software would not be used to it intended use by the programmers

Dangerous Beans

Re: Landing Gear
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2008, 04:32:04 pm »
Make sure that the launch bar isn't still extended, there's a warning light for it on upper left side of the panel.

fael097

• 3d animator
    • my hornet [WIP]
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2008, 09:47:15 pm »
yea, thats because of the launch bar (wich retracts automatically when you're in free flight)

silvercondor

« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 05:03:39 pm »
Thanks guys, that was the answer.  For some reason in free flight that function is automatic.
I think I need big flashing lights on the consol to get my attation!!

Keep up the good work.

deltaleader

« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2008, 07:15:15 pm »
I have noticed it is only automatic once the afterburners have been engaged.  I do all my launches with afterburners anyway...so I know it retracts then.
ex-Private Pilot, life long Flight Simmer...can't really tell you about my other hobbies...

hollywood

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2008, 10:33:04 pm »
i have also found that if you pull back on the stick too soon when launching the bar does not come up.

SUBS17

« Reply #6 on: March 06, 2008, 11:18:40 pm »
IRL you shouldn't be using the stick on take off.(its modeled in Janes but not FSX because of the FBW does take off for you)