Author Topic: F-18 Vertical Stablizers Problem  (Read 6079 times)

John_Trim

F-18 Vertical Stablizers Problem
« on: December 03, 2010, 05:34:07 pm »
I have a problem that I have never seen before & I've been at this for a long time. This just started. When I pull up any of my F-18's, sitting at the end of the active runway, one of the vertical stablizer is all the way down & the other is all the way up. Sometimes when I take off, about half way down the runway they will equalize out & sometimes they don't which makes for a very interesting flight. I don't know if I have a problem in the cfg file or what. If any one has a fix for this, I would very much appreciate it.

Razgriz

Re: F-18 Vertical Stablizers Problem
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 06:17:12 pm »
Your keyboard might be inputting rouge commands that cause your vertical stabs to flip out.

simaddict

« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2010, 10:59:16 pm »
I had a similar issue when my controller was crapping out, it would pull to the left. I tried re-calibrating it, but had to get a new joystick.
Cooler Master Tower.
TUF GAMING X570-PLUS (WI-FI) MOTHERBOARD
AMD Ryzen 5 5900X CPU-LIQUID COOLED
AMD RADEON RX 6900 XT
32GB RAM G-SKILL TRIDENT Z
SAMSUNG SSD 980 PRO 2TB

micro

« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2010, 06:15:34 am »
John, what is your controller setup? Joystick? Rudder? What all do you have?

John_Trim

« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2010, 05:13:40 pm »
I have a Satek joystick. It seems that it has corrected itself for now. I appreciate all the responses & it may very well be the joystick. I just bought it but am already looking for something better.

skimmer

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2010, 06:30:57 pm »
Are you taking off with flight plan and your nav and auto button is enabled. I had that happen to me a long time ago. If you are dont enable them until you are airborn and on flight path.

micro

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2010, 09:26:58 pm »
I had a similar problem because my rudder peddals decided that they wanted to control my elevators. I had to deselect them from the elevator axes in FSX. Once you're in FSX, go into your Controls settings. Click on the Control Axes tab. Then in the drop down list click on each item one at a time and see if anything else is linked to control your elevators. If not, I'd suspect it to be randon spiking.

Mickey_Techy

« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2010, 06:49:12 pm »
The problem is due to a faulty controller. I used to have this problem quite a lot when I had a Sidewinder 3D Pro joystick. The problem went away when I switched over to a Saitek.

John_Trim

« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2010, 08:49:15 pm »
The problem seems to have gone away. I think it was in my controller.  I'm going to buy a better, high end one after the holidays. I appreciate everyone's comments. They were a big help. I hope everyone has a happy holiday season. I, for one, am going to be flying a lot in real life & on the PC, since I'm off work for the next 2-1/2 weeks.

wilycoyote4

« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2010, 09:39:34 pm »
A late thought which or may not help, be wary of saved flights.  Sometimes, I've deleted saved flights and solved problems.