Author Topic: So are KLAX and LIRF the next sceneries?  (Read 5534 times)

jgoggi

So are KLAX and LIRF the next sceneries?
« on: November 29, 2010, 05:31:45 pm »
Dear FSDT, if I understand well, based on the polls on this forum, the next 2 sceneries will be KLAX and LIRF, won't they? Can you confirm, please? Above all I am interested in LIRF, it would be great since the one(s) available are by now 6 years old (that is VERY old!). I think at least all italian FS users would be very interested in and would purchase a new FSDT LIRF version!
Thank you,
James
James Goggi

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
Re: So are KLAX and LIRF the next sceneries?
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 06:07:27 pm »
LAX is already in progress, next one after that will probably be MIA.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 06:30:49 pm »
Dear FSDT, if I understand well, based on the polls on this forum, the next 2 sceneries will be KLAX and LIRF, won't they? Can you confirm, please?

The only one 100% confirmed it's KLAX. KMIA is very likely to be the next one, because it arrived 2nd in the poll with 135 votes, ahead of LIRF at 131.

In any case, even if LIRF arrived ahead of KMIA (which it hasn't), we wouldn't do it anyway, since we found many double votes by several users that tried to be smart and registered multiple times to cast more votes so, if we had to count legit votes only, LIRF would have been behind at least 2-3 other airports. But it's really more a matter of principle: after this incident, we basically lost any interest doing italian airports for the foreseeable future.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2010, 08:43:12 pm by virtuali »

willultra99

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 08:30:55 pm »
Really hope you consider CYYZ in the near future be it after KLAX or after another scenery you guys have in mind.

William Coade

jgoggi

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2010, 04:24:01 pm »
But it's really more a matter of principle: after this incident, we basically lost any interest doing italian airports for the foreseeable future.

You lost your interest only because of the double votes? Well, to me it doesn't look such a valid reason to lose interest in italian sceneries. Further, I can't understand why all software companies producing sceneries release, first of all, the sceneries of the country they are from. FSDT is the only one that, although being essentially italian (I suppose it is, isn't it?), hasn't produced any italian scenery (I don't consider the previous Cloud9 or LAGO).
James Goggi

yankeesji

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2010, 08:48:46 pm »
But it's really more a matter of principle: after this incident, we basically lost any interest doing italian airports for the foreseeable future.

You lost your interest only because of the double votes? Well, to me it doesn't look such a valid reason to lose interest in italian sceneries. Further, I can't understand why all software companies producing sceneries release, first of all, the sceneries of the country they are from. FSDT is the only one that, although being essentially italian (I suppose it is, isn't it?), hasn't produced any italian scenery (I don't consider the previous Cloud9 or LAGO).

I think he meant something in the lines of not many people voted for it besides the ones that were double voting. 

SirIsaac726

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2010, 10:02:16 pm »

They're a business here to make money like every other business.  They will do the airports that will be the most profitable.  Italian airports clearly aren't it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 11:22:10 pm »
You lost your interest only because of the double votes? Well, to me it doesn't look such a valid reason to lose interest in italian sceneries.

Yes, it is. As was explained already after the poll, we can't start doing a scenery just because a hundreds or so users voted for it.

We need much more actual sales just to recover our development time and the support cost for the whole life of the product. This means, the poll HAS to stay honest, because it's supposed to be only a small statistical sample of the overall market. Exactly like the electoral polls: they don't interview everyone that voted, but just a very small sample.

This clearly means if, for any reason, the poll result was altered, it's not very reliable because, we would risk that only the few hundred that voted for a scenery will buy it, and not much more. And those who voted 5 times (there were several cases), will surely not buy 5 copies...

And, just to be clear: since the phenomenon of many double votes was observed ONLY for LIRF (we obviously checked this as well), and not for the other airports, it wasn't necessary or fair for user that voted for other airports, to scrap the whole poll but, quite simply, just don't take LIRF into consideration. That's very simple.

FSDT is the only one that, although being essentially italian (I suppose it is, isn't it?), hasn't produced any italian scenery (I don't consider the previous Cloud9 or LAGO).

Regardless what you consider to be related to FSDT or not, we just can't forget that, each time we made an italian airport, we lost money on it, whatever the publisher was at that time, LAGO, Cloud9 and even Aerosoft. We sold more Hawaii Airports Vol. 1 on the 1st DAY of release, than Aerosoft was able to sell OUR OWN FlorenceX (airport+the whole city in 3d) in 3 YEARS, and not that Florence is a bad scenery, or Aerosoft isn't a competent publisher...

So no, italian airports are a case closed.