Author Topic: READ THIS If you are having problems with FSX.....  (Read 4093 times)

Tregarth

READ THIS If you are having problems with FSX.....
« on: November 15, 2010, 04:52:54 pm »
I don't know about you but I have tried to install FSX and add-ons and been rewarded with error messages.  This is a summary of the replies people have made to my pleas for help.

I hope they will help you but but sadly, cannot guarantee they will all work for your problem.

Item 1.  TURN OFF the !"£$%^&*()+ User Account Control.

Item 2. Installing Scenery into FSX with Widows 7 as your OS; See this post in YouTube      

(Info courtesy of FSXNP)

Item 3.  FSX into a recent version of Windows 7 you see an error message “MSXML4 SP missing”    
            Close FSX and use Windows Explorer to search the FSX Install Disc 2 and search for MSXML.

Once you have found it run it.  An Installation window opens select “ALL”. In my case another window opened which said the “Installation failed”.  I selected “Ignore” and the installation was OK.  FSX has run smoothly ever since

Re-start FSX  

Item 4.    FSX won't start (Fatal Error message)
        Rename the FSX.cfg file to FSX.cfg.BAK.  FSX rebuilds a new    FSX.CFG file for you.     (The .cfg file is located in the        %appdata%\Microsoft\FSX  folder.
        This is located in <drive>:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX in    Windows Vista or 7, or    
        <drive>:\Documents and Settings\<username>\ApplicationData\Microsoft\FSX in XP.)  

You will need to turn on Show Hidden Files in Windows Control Panel to see the AppData folder.  (for more info see the Topic” FSX won't run” in this Forum)

Item 5.   Triplehead2Go only shows a small cockpit zoom range.
        Set WideViewAspect=True in the FSX.CFG file (For more info see the Topic “How to change the Virtual Cockpit ZOOM    factor” in this Forum.)

Please note:  These points have worked for me; they may not work for you but I hope they will be a useful start.

Good luck and hopefully, Good Flying.

If you have any other tips which work, please feel free to share them.

Mickey_Techy

Re: READ THIS If you are having problems with FSX.....
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2010, 05:58:26 pm »
Sweet.

Good compilation Tregarth.

Now, if someone could just come up with a way to 'BackUp' an FSX installation, so that in case there is a need to reformat the computer, or the computer crashes, all one needs is a 'One Click Restore Backup' and we are as good as new.

Good stuff Tregarth.