Author Topic: Scenery Library question  (Read 4249 times)

Chuck Dreier

Scenery Library question
« on: January 03, 2011, 11:51:35 pm »
I have a question relating to the FS9 Scenery Library.  I have installed FSDT's KJFK and it is in the scenery library.  Currently UTCity and FSGLC (part of the FSGenesis/Ultimate Terrain sandwich) are at the top of the library followed by Ultimate Terrain USA and Ultimate Terrain Canada-Alaska.  Am I correct in placing the KJFK scenery below those mentioned above?  And - the real question - must I move the New York Aerial Photo directly below the JFK scenery or is it okay to reside way down the scenery list?  What if I add another payware scenery such as PHNL - is it still okay to leave the New York Aerial Photo well below JFK and PHNL, or should it have a priority higher than the next payware?  Thanks...
« Last Edit: January 03, 2011, 11:53:34 pm by CDreier »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Scenery Library question
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2011, 05:08:24 am »
All airports should always be at the top of the scenery library, which is where our installers puts them. Generally, photo sceneries should be below any airports they cover.

The one and only item that should be on a higher layer than airports, it's the AES library (if you have AES)

Chuck Dreier

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2011, 04:21:20 pm »
That's pretty straight forward - but I want to clarify just to make sure.  Are you saying that the airports and photo scenery goes before even UT-USA?  The reason is that I thought the Ultimate Terrain went before anything else.  Maybe I'm wrong?????  Thanks!

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2011, 05:27:40 pm »
Ultimate Terrain is like any other scenery, they need to be below any third party airports you have installed.  I would put it just above the entry for Addon Scenery and leave it there.  Any installer you run will automatically put itself at the top, and everything will be good.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

masondom

« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2011, 11:20:31 pm »
Absolutely. Agreed.  But why Ultimate terrain installs itself in the most upper level and not at the down level near fsx native libraries ?

These third part softwares (very very good although) are considering we are all of us 100 % brilliant and masters in FSX design  and philosophy ?

Mason

Chuck Dreier

« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2011, 12:42:01 am »
That answers the question.  Thanks guys!