Author Topic: FSDT and replays  (Read 4034 times)

curt1

FSDT and replays
« on: October 20, 2010, 06:14:24 pm »
I enjoy the FSDT sceneries, as I own most of them.  One issue I have though has to do with FSX replays.  Nearly all simmers enjoy replaying their flights, especially the final approach and landing.  I've grown accustomed to the FSDT sceneries disappearing on replay, although I wish it didn't have to be.  With KDFW in particular, everything including the runways disappear, and it takes away a lot of the fun from the replay standpoint.  Any chance this can be changed in future releases?  Will LAX also lose the runway textures on replay?

Curt

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT and replays
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2010, 06:38:00 pm »
There's no way we can fix this, it's an FSX design limitation: objects created using Simconnect are not played back in replays.

The ability to create objects on the fly with Simconnect is what, specifically in case of KDFW, made the scenery possible in the first place, it couldn't have been done in FSX in any other way or, it would be like the FS9 version (no shaders, flat scenery, no elevated bridges, etc.)

It's not an FSDT specific limitation either. If you use a native FSX product, like UT2, which also creates AI objects on the fly, they'll too disappear during instant replays and so will any other FSX product that creates object while running using Simconnect.

The only solution to record videos is to use FS Recorder.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 12:45:20 am by virtuali »

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2010, 10:48:02 pm »
The only solution to record videos is to use FS Recorder.

Yeah, FS Recorder works well and is free.

curt1

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2010, 05:50:34 am »
Thanks for the reply.  What you say makes sense, I guess this means the sceneries I have from other developers aren't created using Simconnect.  When I fly, it's 100% from the VC.  After the flight, I'll replay and view it from the tower, passenger window, runway view, etc...I just wonder if FS Recorder can record everything from these different viewpoints, and do so without hurting fps.  I'll look into it, maybe it won't hurt performance too bad.

Curt

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2010, 06:24:24 am »
You can replay from the VC view, wing view, or any other view your a.c has, but not sure about the tower. I'm not into replays as much as your are but here's what I do if I want to record and replay something.

I will start the recording from the point I want in the VC then stop it after I capture the event I want and save it as DFW_takeoff, then maybe another recording as LAS_Landing. Then once your flight is over and your still in the same a/c you can replay either segment. Or, you can go to the airport where you took off, select the default ultra light and play the DFW_takeoff part as "Play as AI" then you can move around in the ultra light and view your take off from whatever vantage point you want. I suppose you could slew to the tower and replay from there if you wanted. I use FS Recorder to make screen shots from vantage points that the regular FS cameras would make difficult to capture.

Good luck.

curt1

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2010, 06:37:57 am »
Okay, thanks for the input, I'll give FS Recorder a try sometime tomorrow.

Curt