Author Topic: Beautiful Take Off from Dallas  (Read 7624 times)

huascar

Beautiful Take Off from Dallas
« on: July 15, 2012, 07:48:59 pm »

[ Invalid YouTube link ]!

theshack440

Re: Beautiful Take Off from Dallas
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2012, 08:10:28 pm »
Cool video  :)

You said you have an Alienware in another one of your videos. What are your system specs?
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com
Pilot and Head of Public Relations

huascar

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2012, 08:20:10 pm »
Hi there,

Yes, I have an alienware aurora, 4.5ghz, nvidia 580, 16gb memory. I overclocked it to 4.5ghz from 3.9ghz

theshack440

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2012, 03:02:57 am »
Great, thank you. And you're satisfied with the performance?

I'm only asking you because, for the longest time now I have been wanting to get a new FSX system and everyone always says to build your own... I simply would rather not take the risks and just buy it out of the box. From what I know, the Aurora is very top-of-the-line.
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com

huascar

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2012, 02:15:35 pm »
You can easily screw things up in you build it your own. Pay the entra money and in no time you will have you alienware in the mail. You also have the guarantee. The airflow is very important to prevent overheating. When you build you own, you have to be so careful about placing these parts.

I am happy with my aliewenware. They are not cheap, that's for sure.

Huascar

Bruce Hamilton

• Beta tester
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2012, 02:40:40 pm »
The airflow is very important to prevent overheating. When you build you own, you have to be so careful about placing these parts.

The cases usually come with fans and power supplies installed, and the holes are predrilled for the motherboard.  The motherboard itself has been manufactured with everything predefined, only one place the CPU and memory chips will fit.  Pretty hard to screw up a custom build unless you can't follow instructions.
Intel Core i7-4790 Haswell 4.0 GHz EVGA Z97 Classified EVGA Supernova 850 G2 G.Skill Ripjaws 16GB Western Digital 1TB GeForce GTX 780 Superclock

PhotoshopCreator

• GSX User
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2012, 01:18:56 am »
I'm planning on buying a Full Tower Case over Christmas. Specifically the CH Storm Sniper by Coolermaster. Want better airflow is the main reason and would like more room for upgrades. Other then that lovely video!
A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.

huascar

« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2012, 02:28:23 am »
Whether you decide to buy or build, good luck with your new computer. Show us a video once you get it.

My preference is to buy it built because I have a very busy life and simply don't have the time to mess around with a bunch of parts. But if you want to save at least 1k, then build. I personally don't mind spending the extra money.

Good luck!!

theshack440

« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2012, 04:03:37 am »
Thank you, I will do that once I decide.

Also, Bruce, what instructions would one follow if you buy the parts separately and has to build it on your own? They don't come with instructions do they?
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com

PhotoshopCreator

• GSX User
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 07:56:48 am »
No when you build your own computer it doesn't come with instructions. However, multiple people make wonderful tutorial videos on how to build your own computer on youtube. If you want I can provide you with some links. Also buy off Newegg in bulk and look for special details. If you want a company to build your own computer, I would recommend Cyberpower PC.
A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others.

theshack440

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2012, 02:56:11 am »
Thank you for all of the information, I really appreciate it. Could you provide me with some links? I do know that newegg does have some good tutorials as well.
Happy Flying,
Wallace

www.theshackflights.com

BritishBoy25

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2012, 06:02:12 pm »
Nice  :)

Johnathan Pata

« Reply #12 on: August 21, 2012, 08:51:38 am »
Hi there,

Yes, I have an alienware aurora, 4.5ghz, nvidia 580, 16gb memory. I overclocked it to 4.5ghz from 3.9ghz

Hi huascar,

I also have a Alienware R3  and I am having performance issues. Have you had problems before overclocking to 4.5 my specs are in my signature.

thank you for the reply in advance
« Last Edit: August 21, 2012, 08:54:43 am by Johnathan Pata »
Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-10850K
OPERATING SYSTEM:Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium, 64Bit
HARD DRIVE: 1 SAMSUNG EVO 840 SSD with 2TB HDD and a 875W Multi-GPU Approved Power Supply
MEMORY: 32GB Dual Channel DDR3 at 1333MHz   
VIDEO CARD:4GB NVIDIA GTX 960