Author Topic: Reinstall  (Read 4001 times)

Gunny

Reinstall
« on: October 06, 2010, 04:22:01 am »
I had to reinstall Win 7 (please don't ask) all my reinstalls including the new Hawaii product went well, until I reinstalled Zurich and Geneva and I received this message upon starting FSX "The Couatl Scripting engine has encounted an error while loading. Installing the latest Stand-Alone add on manager should fix problems" I attempted to reload one of the other products and it also encountered an error. What do I need to do to correct this issue. Thanks

Richard S. Churchill
Richard S. Churchill USMC (ret)
PVT SEL

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Reinstall
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2010, 12:28:59 pm »
The message suggested you the correct solution:

I received this message upon starting FSX

"The Couatl Scripting engine has encounted an error while loading. Installing the latest Stand-Alone add on manager should fix problems"

There are links to download the Stand-Alone Addon Manager on every "Info" page of every product, and this is also indicated in the FAQ page.

You need to install the Stand-Alone Addon Manager with all the sceneries installed, because it needs to update them so, only the installer ones will be updated.

Gunny

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2010, 01:34:09 pm »
Umberto-
I don't want to be a pain but I cannot find the info file when I accessed the fs files through windows explorer or through FSX. Exactly how do I do what you suggested. Thanks for your help.
PVT SEL

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2010, 01:50:29 pm »
I don't want to be a pain but I cannot find the info file when I accessed the fs files through windows explorer or through FSX.

There's no Info file to be searched: you have to download the Stand-Alone Addon Manager, and links for it are on every Info *page* on our Website.

From our FAQ page:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/faq.html

Where's the Stand-Alone Addon Manager ?

There's a link to download the latest version of the Stand-Alone Addon Manager on every "Info" page for every product. Whenever you have an issue regarding the Addon Manager, is strongly suggested to install the latest version.

Gunny

« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 01:33:36 pm »
And who says you can't teach an old dog new tricks. Thanks that did the trick
PVT SEL