Author Topic: Question for FSDT flight planner possible?  (Read 3426 times)

Silverbird

Question for FSDT flight planner possible?
« on: September 17, 2010, 02:48:37 pm »
Umberto, I was just thinking today over the years. did you ever consider something like a flight planner for flight simulator? I was having a look at some of them they seem ok but I dont really like the way the they handled there gui. the only one that seems good look wise is vroute but it relies to much online, just a thought.
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Question for FSDT flight planner possible?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2010, 11:36:52 am »
Well, it's something that we never considered, because it's quite different from what we think to do best, which is modeling, texturing and trying to optimize performance as best as possible.

A flight planner would probably require a different set of abilities, like database handling and GUI programming, which is something we never dwelved into.

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 11:48:36 am »
What do U mean with "flight planner"?
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1

Silverbird

« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 03:32:22 pm »
Well, it's something that we never considered, because it's quite different from what we think to do best, which is modeling, texturing and trying to optimize performance as best as possible.

A flight planner would probably require a different set of abilities, like database handling and GUI programming, which is something we never dwelved into.

Thank's Umberto thats true its far from what you guys do. it just came up, since I thought you new about this kind of programming.

What do U mean with "flight planner"?

Hi frank a flight planning software like fsbuild fscomander or vroute to plan out your flights, fuel routes etc etc.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 03:36:27 pm by Silverbird »
Cesar

New Jersey EWR

Frank Lindberg

« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 04:07:08 pm »
Ok, thanks for info  :) By the way... Good idea.
VA. Senior Captain Frank Lindberg
"United we stand and divided we fall"
My PC spec: MS Win10 pro 64 bit - Intel Core i9-9900K CPU @ OC to 5.0 GHz - 16GB Ram - Geforce 2080TI 11GBVRAM - P3Dv5.1