Author Topic: Pause on final approach  (Read 8269 times)

Dicko

Pause on final approach
« on: September 07, 2010, 02:47:32 pm »
Umberto,
I have noticed that when on short final to KDFW, the screen pauses for about 5 seconds then continues as normal.
Is this OK that the simulation pauses?

Andrew

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Pause on final approach
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 03:07:59 pm »
5 seconds it's not normal at all. You can try to use the "Anti pop-up" feature on the Addon Manager, and increase its value (default it's 1). By moving the slider up, you increase the loading range of the objects, at the expense of frame rate, but you might reduce pauses. Or, more precisely, the object will load earlier, instead of short final.

If you still have the issue after moving the slider to its maximum, then you can be sure it's not the scenery, but something else, like AI traffic for example.

Dicko

« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 05:05:07 pm »
Just completed an approach at KFJK with no pauses only happens at KDFW. Strange. That's with no AI Traffic or anything else running.

Andrew

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 05:05:28 pm »
Have you tried my suggestion ?

Dicko

« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 05:09:49 pm »
Have you tried my suggestion ?
Tried it at 15 still happened so I will give it a go at maximum.

Andrew

Dicko

« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2010, 05:34:27 pm »
Umberto,
Tried what you suggested still a pause on approach. Usually occurs 3-4 miles from airport. Doesn't happen at other complex airports (KFJK)so why do you think at this one? Also no AI traffic or any other programs.
Thanks
Andrew
« Last Edit: September 07, 2010, 05:36:24 pm by Dicko »

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2010, 06:39:19 pm »
Pehaps your in need of a defrag?

Dicko

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 02:09:52 pm »
Umberto,
Tried what you suggested still a pause on approach. Usually occurs 3-4 miles from airport. Doesn't happen at other complex airports (KFJK)so why do you think at this one? Also no AI traffic or any other programs.
Thanks
Andrew
Hi Umberto,

Uninstalled, downloaded again, re-installed and no more pauses on approach. I don't know what happened or what I did, but all seems fine.

Andrew Dixon

Daniel Santoro

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2012, 07:12:55 am »
Umberto,
I'm also experiencing this pause when on final approach to DFW. It lasts about 1 or 2 seconds.
Is it normal?
i7 860 @3.8Ghz /Zalman CNPS 10X Extreme cpu cooler/ GTX 560 SC 2GB/ Asus P7P55D PRO / Corsair TX 750W / 8GB ram 1600 mhz/ Saitek Pro Flight Yoke Sistem/ FSX

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2012, 08:31:07 am »
I'm also experiencing this pause when on final approach to DFW. It lasts about 1 or 2 seconds.

As I've said already in this thread.

You can try to use the "Anti pop-up" feature on the Addon Manager, and increase its value (default it's 1). By moving the slider up, you increase the loading range of the objects, at the expense of frame rate, but you might reduce pauses. Or, more precisely, the object will load earlier, instead of short final.

If you still have the issue after moving the slider to its maximum, then you can be sure it's not the scenery, but something else, like AI traffic for example.

If that doesn't fix it, this might also happens if you removed one of the scenery files by accident so, a reinstall should fix it.

Daniel Santoro

« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2012, 08:57:18 am »
Ok.
Thanks.
i7 860 @3.8Ghz /Zalman CNPS 10X Extreme cpu cooler/ GTX 560 SC 2GB/ Asus P7P55D PRO / Corsair TX 750W / 8GB ram 1600 mhz/ Saitek Pro Flight Yoke Sistem/ FSX