Author Topic: KDFW Runways  (Read 29984 times)

pcubine

Re: KDFW Runways
« Reply #15 on: August 11, 2010, 04:37:11 pm »
Do you have the Mesh Complexity Slider at 100 and the Mesh Resolution Slider at 10 cm/pixel ?
[/quote]

I assume you mean the sliders in the FSX Scenery tab. Complexity is set at 100 and Resolution a 1m. The resolution tab only shows meters not centimters/pixel. The extreme on the left is 305m and on the 1m. I have resolution set at 1m.

Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

NZXT H440 Mid Tower, ASRock Z170 MB, i7-7700K (OC 5.0), Corsair Hydro H1 15i Liquid Cooling, 32GB DDR4 TridentZ SDRAM 3000MHz, 11GB NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card, 1000 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD

whitakerjl

« Reply #16 on: August 11, 2010, 05:07:22 pm »
Greetings gents,

I am experiencing the same issues as described by pcubine.  I run FSX with Vista 64-bit.  My only addon sceneries are the FSDT's (all of them) and REX (current version).  I have checked/tried each of the suggestions from this post- without success.

JW

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2010, 12:57:08 am »
The resolution tab only shows meters not centimters/pixel. The extreme on the left is 305m and on the 1m. I have resolution set at 1m.

Yes, of course, I meant meters, not centimeters.

Sorry, but I'm out of options, I can only confirm, I can't replicate this issue, it simply doesn't happen here, with Mesh Complexity at 100 and Resolution at 10m/pixel, or above.

Does it happen with a specific airplane ? Have you tried a default airplane ?

G.Bosak

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2010, 01:00:10 am »
The whole area of 35, 36, 17 and 18 Runway sets at KDFW appears to be grass on an ILS approach. At about 800 feet AGL the runways which are still grass appear to be outlined by a white line.

it seems to be similar to the PHNL behaviour of RWY 08L i have when approaching, independently from setup mesh complexity and availability of other local scenery addons:

ground/grass textures flickers through the runway scenery. (3 screenshots)

This doesn't happen, when flying local traffic pattern, but when arriving from an different airport like PHTO with PMDG Aircrafts (like MD-11 or 744/8i) and it also appears when using FSUIPC Autosaves (e.g visual flighttraining)

(W7 64bit, latest WHQL drivers, nvidia ASUS 285 GPU, FSX@Sp2, FS Global 08)

maybe this helps further investigating

regards

pcubine

« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2010, 04:37:40 pm »
I tried Mesh Complexity at 100m and Mesh Resolution at 10m where before resolution was set at 1M with the Capitain Sim 757. There was no change, I then tried the default 738 with no change. After landing at KDFW while taxing the screen froze. I could not get out of FSX. So I hit the task manager and got a not responding on FSX. Once I got out of FSX by ending the program, FSX would never respond again. I should have never flown the default plane. I use to have to reinstall FSX every two or three months when flying the defaults which was no big deal because I didn't have nearly the addon I do now. So earlier this morning I spent about 2 hours uninstalling FSX and all the addons. I am in the process of starting the reinstallation now. I think I will add the KDFW, KJFK, and KORD airports in that order after I install FSX, CS757-200, and PMDG MD-11. What  about registration  now that everything is gone. I remember seeing a box about registration key and a home page. What does that mean and where is the home page?

Thank you
Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

NZXT H440 Mid Tower, ASRock Z170 MB, i7-7700K (OC 5.0), Corsair Hydro H1 15i Liquid Cooling, 32GB DDR4 TridentZ SDRAM 3000MHz, 11GB NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card, 1000 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2010, 06:56:28 pm »
What  about registration  now that everything is gone

Registration is never lost when uninstalling FSX, to lose your registration, you need to reinstall Windows, and in *that* case, will need your Serial Number available.

I remember seeing a box about registration key and a home page. What does that mean and where is the home page?

To save you from the hassle of searching for your email receipt and insert your Serial Number manually, a backup .REG files, which contains your registry key, it's created automatically when you purchase a product, or when you successfully reactivate it.

This file is stored in you HOME Folder, which is the folder that has your name, the one that contains "My Documents", "My Pictures", etc... it's stored there because, it's assumed you *do* a backup of this folder, when reinstalling Windows...

In any case, as long as you don't reinstall Windows, you don't need to worrry about registration.

pcubine

« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2010, 03:59:22 am »
I have reinstalled FSX, CS757-200, PMDG MD-11. Then KDFW, KJFK, and KORD in that order. Nothing has changed. Still a lot of green where the runways should be. The outline of the runways is coming into view at about 1000 AGL and so on like I have explained in prior posts. Maybe I am expecting too much. I have plenty of screen shots if someone could tell me how to get them in this thread. Then you could tell me if the appearance of the runways is normal.

Thank you
Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2010, 11:37:34 am »
Nothing has changed. Still a lot of green where the runways should be. The outline of the runways is coming into view at about 1000 AGL and so on like I have explained in prior posts.

No, what you are seeing is not normal, at all. Nobody has a problem such that. The few that had something similar, were just minor visual artifact, but not the runways covered in green and those were ALL fixed by setting the Mesh resolution to 10m or above and the Mesh complexity to 100. A single user has a problem with UT2 generating too many commands that prevents the correct function of Simconnect and the scenery, but it doesn't happen without UT2 and can be improved a lot by turning down some UT2 options.

But, nobody else has reported a problem like yours.

I'm still convinced it can't be anything than:

- Another scenery in conflict. Have you *removed* the FSX folder, when you uninstalled it, before reinstalling it again ? The FSX uninstaller doens't remove things you have added, it only removes things installed by itself so, if you had a scenery in conflict, reinstalling FSX wouldn't help, unless you manually removed its folder *after* uninstalling it.

- A video driver problem, similar to AA Transparency. Have you tried to update your video driver ? Have you used a video tweaker like nHancer ? Have you tried resetting all video drivers setting to default ?

pcubine

« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2010, 04:10:57 pm »
I uninstalled all programs using the uninstall in Programs and Features, Control Panel. After uninstalling the programs any folders that were left and remotely connected with FSX were deleted by me.

I will see if a new driver is out for the video card but I will not install nHancer. If there is a new driver I will try that and default video settings. If that works fine. If it doesn't, I will uninstall KDFW and be done with it.

I like to fly planes for enjoyment not be a beta tester.

Thank you
Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: August 13, 2010, 04:57:46 pm »
I uninstalled all programs using the uninstall in Programs and Features, Control Panel. After uninstalling the programs any folders that were left and remotely connected with FSX were deleted by me.

I repeat the question: have you removed the whole FSX folder ?

Some sceneries don't have their own folder, and don't have an uninstaller, they are put directly in the FSX scenery folder so, it's very easy to forget having installed, which is why, to be sure to have a clean install, the only safe way is to remove the whole FSX folder after the FSX uninstall.

I will see if a new driver is out for the video card but I will not install nHancer.

I haven't asked you to install nHancer, I've asked you if you HAVE installed it, because one of its setting *might* cause problems.

I like to fly planes for enjoyment not be a beta tester.

The scenery clearly works, otherwise ALL users would see the same problem. Since this specific issue hasn't been reported by anyone else, the issue is something in your system, or another scenery in conflict.

Which is why we have A TRIAL version. The whole point of having a Trial, is to allow users to test a scenery on their own system, because it's just not possible for us to test it on the milions of hardware+software+settings combinations out there. The Trial doesn't expires so, you can launch it an unlimited number of times, which is exactly what is needed to spot potential problems, try a solution, check again, and all of this can be done BEFORE purchasing.

We are clearly giving all support (proven by my post count!!!) and provide fixes faster than anyone else when we CAN replicate the problem proven by the fact we already relased 2 updates for the scenery but, if something can't be replicated in any way, we can't do much more than offering a Trial.

PilotJsmith

« Reply #25 on: August 13, 2010, 05:00:46 pm »
I have issues as well with the DFW runway textures.

I have included pictures on a 3 mile final, 1 mile final, and on short final, as you can see you can't define any of the runways, so a visual approach into this airport is virtual impossible.

You can also see that the ILS for 18R isn't synced with the PAPI lights for the glideslope, when I have 2 red and 2 white my ILS glidslope shows me too low.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 09:01:27 pm by PilotJsmith »

peman40

« Reply #26 on: August 13, 2010, 07:46:21 pm »
same problem here and i have none of the aircaft addons other people have listed, no approach lighting in the daytime either

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: August 13, 2010, 09:07:21 pm »
Could you please kindly obey to the Screenshot posting rules posted here ?

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=3076.0

In any case, this is what the scenery looks like at 5 nm, 1 nm and 0.6 nm, as you can see, runways are clearly visible, and PAPI is in sync with the ILS glidepath on the instruments-

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #28 on: August 13, 2010, 09:10:45 pm »
Ok, now that you posted better screenshot, I can see your issue: you have very bad texture quality, but this doesn't have anythign to do with the scenery, they are generally very blurred, even outside the airport area.

Are you using Anisotropic filtering on your video card control panel ? If not, try to set it to 8x or 16x and not as "Application Controlled". Also, check you have the Global Maximum texture size all the way to the right.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #29 on: August 13, 2010, 09:23:41 pm »
Ok wow now that you posted pictures of the scenery working great on your set up now I guess mine work now, THANK's, your support is amazing!

The pictures are posted to give you an idea how the scenery is supposed to look like. But have you seen only the screenshot, or also read the SUGGESTION about the video card settings, to improve what (as shown in your screenshots) it's a very bad overall image quality, well beyond the KDFW area ?

Can you please try to do as suggested, and check if there's any improvement ?

Besides, I've checked the PAPI on RW18R, and there IS a problem there (it's fine on other runways) so, obviously, that one WILL be fixed, because it IS a problem of the scenery.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 09:25:13 pm by virtuali »