Author Topic: Question regarding 1.0.4 update  (Read 8039 times)

DMullert

Question regarding 1.0.4 update
« on: August 14, 2010, 06:38:24 am »
Hello FSDT team!

With the release of 1.03 and 1.04 I've noticed that the AP_DFW file keeps getting modified.  I uploaded a highly realistic AFCAD file here that took me about a day to put together and I'm sure many folks are using.  When I created this file, I took the AP_KDFW file out of the scenery folder because I did not want 2 AFCAD files competing with each other and bogging down my system.  With this new update, do I need to start over with the AFCAD updates again or can I safely take the AP_KDFW file out??  Please advise.  Is there any plausible way you can include my gate assignments and parking spots and positions in future updates?  That, I believe would help a lot of folks.

Thanks!

Dennis D. Mullert
Sincerely,

Dennis D. Mullert

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
Re: Question regarding 1.0.4 update
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2010, 07:45:30 am »
I wouldn't mind if they incorporated some of the extra parking spots/codes like you did as long as they are connected and not orphans like yours were, plus they include the proper code for Omni and North American since ADE gives the wrong code. I really liked the way you positioned the way the ATR's park at Terminal B, but I didn't like the unconnected parking spots the last ADE of yours was that I downloaded.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2010, 08:28:49 am by cmpbllsjc »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2010, 10:55:45 am »
The only change in the AFACD in the last version, was a fix to move the Glide of the 18R ILS in the correct position, it might just be easier if you fix it in your file as well.

We'll have a look at your AFCAD, but we need to be sure it doesn't create any other issues, we'll do that, but we are quite busy right now.

DMullert

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2010, 03:51:27 pm »
Hey CMP,

Not sure what you mean by orphans.  If you are able to explain, maybe I can go back and fix it all up.  Also, let me know the airline codes for Omni and NA and I can incorporate those as well.  Where did you see unconnected parking spots???

Virtuali, no problem.  I can fix the ils position if you can provide some guidance as to what you guys had to do to get it correctly aligned.

I don't mind helping out.

Thanks,

Dennis D. Mullert
Sincerely,

Dennis D. Mullert

FlyAAJets

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2010, 03:53:21 pm »
Any fix for AI not using 17/35C, all east arrivals are going to 17L/35R.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2010, 04:59:28 pm »
Virtuali, no problem.  I can fix the ils position if you can provide some guidance as to what you guys had to do to get it correctly aligned.

Just open our own AFCAD directly from the BGL, select the 18R ILS, note the Glide coordinates, and put the same values in yours. You might also want to move the library object that represent the antenna, to the same place.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2010, 08:27:23 pm »
Hey CMP,

Not sure what you mean by orphans.  If you are able to explain, maybe I can go back and fix it all up.  Also, let me know the airline codes for Omni and NA and I can incorporate those as well.  Where did you see unconnected parking spots???

Virtuali, no problem.  I can fix the ils position if you can provide some guidance as to what you guys had to do to get it correctly aligned.

I don't mind helping out.

Thanks,

Dennis D. Mullert

Hi Dennis,

What the orhpan parking is, is when you add a parking space but then dont properly connect it with a taxiway link. So what happens is the parking spot becomes like an island where arriving AI cnt get to and if you start a new flight and an AI is spawned to that spot it will never be able to taxi out of it.

The codes for Omni Air is OAE and North American is NAO. These are the current codes. I saw you had codes in the spots for those airlines but they were out of date. You can check mine against Wiikipedia and you will see that they matchup with WOAI AI.

The easiest way to find those errors I mentioned as well as other ones in your ADE is to go to the Tools menu and select the option Fault Finder. Open that and uncheck Jetways since that doesn't apply to this scenery. Then hit the the Find button and all the errors will be listed and will show you where they are so you can fix them one at a time.

If you need more info let me know.

Sean

DMullert

« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2010, 01:46:58 am »
Hey Gang!

Working on it but I ran into some things that I need help with:

1.  When I try to edit the ILS's to make the coordinates the same as the FSDT file, it does ADE does nto allow me to change the coordinates by hand.  Only the location coordinates but not the Glide Slope and DME.  Any ideas how to accomplish this?
2.  Same as #1 but with the ILS altitude.  Cannot change manually.
3.  The boxes that denote the ILS and GS around the end of the runways.  What are these things?  Are these library objects?  Can I move them to the same location where the beams are located or are they supposed to stay where they are?  Theire location does not match the location of the beams and some of these squares overlap with others.

The rest of the stuff has been addressed.

Thanks a bunch!

Dennis D. Mullert
Sincerely,

Dennis D. Mullert

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2010, 03:25:44 am »
Not sure off the top of my head. I though there was a button to click on where you can choose between Drag and Manual and then make the adjustment?

If worse comes to worse you could always take FSDT's most current ADE and then just add your extra parking and codes, but of course that would mean a lot of work to redo.

POST EDIT

Your right, I also coudn't find a way to type in the numbers for the location. However I was able to drag the glide slope feather thing. Need to investigate further.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2010, 03:33:37 am by cmpbllsjc »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2010, 10:46:25 am »
1.  When I try to edit the ILS's to make the coordinates the same as the FSDT file, it does ADE does nto allow me to change the coordinates by hand.  Only the location coordinates but not the Glide Slope and DME.  Any ideas how to accomplish this?

ADE Trick: move the Library object first to the correct location, then drag the glide manually there...

2.  Same as #1 but with the ILS altitude.  Cannot change manually.

Not sure you can, we usually do it in the XML code directly, but it's not really a big issue, there was just a very slight difference, it won't probably matter.

3.  The boxes that denote the ILS and GS around the end of the runways.  What are these things?  Are these library objects?  Can I move them to the same location where the beams are located or are they supposed to stay where they are?

Those are the DME, ours were all corrected according to charts and to the hires photoreal ground, were you can make out their location. The default scenery had them all wrong, mostly. So, if you use our AFCAD as a starting poing, don't touch them.

The rest of the stuff has been addressed.

Thanks a bunch!

Dennis D. Mullert
[/quote]

DMullert

« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2010, 05:56:34 pm »
OK Very well Virtuali!

I am going to use your lates V 1.0.5 AFCAD and use it as a starting point and re-do the whole thing.  I wish ADE would allow changes from other versions tobe merged to save time.  It will take me a couple of days because I will be traveling on businesss this week and will not return until next Saturday, but I will post it as soon as I am finished.

Thanks!

Dennis D. Mullert
Sincerely,

Dennis D. Mullert