Author Topic: FSDT Gates in FSX  (Read 4657 times)

pcubine

FSDT Gates in FSX
« on: March 31, 2011, 07:28:26 pm »
Let me preface this topic by writing that KJFK has been installed since April 2010 and this situation has existed since then and thru 4-5 reinstalls of FSX and addons, So there is no rush to correct this issue.

When I activate the Park Me feature it indicates that there are five pages and I am on 1/5.The list of gates begins with T4, A2 and ends on 5/5 with T5, E2. So there only Terminal 4 and 5 listed. How can I find the other terminals. One I was going to start at this morning was T8, Gate 36. What is the FSX equivalent of that gate.

Thank you
Michael Cubine
Michael Cubine

NZXT H440 Mid Tower, ASRock Z170 MB, i7-7700K (OC 5.0), Corsair Hydro H1 15i Liquid Cooling, 32GB DDR4 TridentZ SDRAM 3000MHz, 11GB NVIDA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Video Card, 1000 Watt Corsair RM Series Power Supply, 1TB Samsung 850 Pro SSD

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT Gates in FSX
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2011, 09:12:05 pm »
Two things:

- The list of gates in ParkMe doesn't list all gates at all terminals, but only those were an assisted parking system exists, which for JFK it's the SafeDock type 3

- For several reasons, due to naming limitation in the FSX AFCAD engine (it's not possible to have something like "Terminal 1 Gate A1 to Axxx", "Terminal 1 Gate B1 to Bxxx" ), the assignment in the AFCAD, which are the assignments known to the ATC and used by the FSX World "Go To Airport" menu, don't match with real world, but use a different naming convention.

The ParkMe menu can also be used to see how the designation in the AFCAD are matched to real-world parking designations, but only for terminals supported by ParkMe.

For the rest of the airport, the best option would be using the free ADE (Airport Design Editor) to open the KFJK AFCAD, and have a look at the parking designations, perhaps printing a map of them.