Author Topic: Problem installing Zurich 1.3  (Read 6855 times)

_Dre_

Problem installing Zurich 1.3
« on: January 22, 2008, 04:03:46 am »
Upon downloading and running the installer I get this error message:

"C:\Program Files\Microsoft games\Flight Simulator9\modules\bglman.dll

An error occured while trying to replace the existing file:
DeleteFile failed; code5.
Access is denied.

Click Retry to try again, Ignore to skip this file (not recommended), or Abort to cancel installation."

I have chosen the retry option countless times and got the same error message each time. I have also rerun the installer countless times and had the same result. So for now I'm unable to install version 1.3 and would appreciate some help in doing so.
Andre-FS9
AES Super User.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Problem installing Zurich 1.3
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2008, 01:25:22 pm »
"Access denied" means the file is still open and locked by another process, so the installer can't replace it.

Check that  FS9 isn't still running. You might have closed FS9, but its process might still be running because it hasn't closed properly. Another reason might be that your antivirus is checking the file in the background, so it has locked it.

If still doesn't work, try the following:

- Reboot your machine

- Do not do anything else, and remove the bglman.dll from the \modules folder

- Launch the installer, it should now work.

_Dre_

« Reply #2 on: January 22, 2008, 04:56:58 pm »
Interesting thing is I rebooted a couple of times last night while the problem was occuring and it didn't help one bit. I shut the PC down entirely last night and just now when I turned it on and read your response and just went ahead and tried it again it worked like a charm. I wonder why it worked with a complete PC shutdown and not a reboot?

Thanks for the help Umberto.
Andre-FS9
AES Super User.

_Dre_

« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2008, 02:19:02 pm »
I have no idea what the problem is but I'm in desparate need for any help I can get. I got version 1.3 to install after following your instructions as I stated in the above post.

However, after that I proceeded to download and install Cloud9's Amsterdam with the intention to purchase in preparation for the next AES release. The installation went fine and I was then prompted by the installer to restart my PC. After that I clicked on the FS9 icon to run it and that's where the problem now lies, it won't start. All that I get is the FS9 startup screen with the DC-8 (?) and as it's about to go to the main FS menu it crashes to desktop. The first try after the new LSZH and then EHAM install I got the "building database for new scenery" loading window as well as a second loading window (can't remember what it said) that you get when you put in new scenery.

I ran the windows taskmanager (XP) a couple of times while trying to start the sim and each time (while watching the taskmanager) FS9 went from a status of "running" to "not responding". When I hit the "end task" button in the taskmanager before it crashed to desktop the resulting error report contained this:

szAppName: FS9.EXE   szAppVer: 9.1.0.40901   szModName: hungapp  (szModver: and offset: were all zeros)

I don't know what the error report means and have no idea what to do so I'm asking for help. :'( :'(
Andre-FS9
AES Super User.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: January 26, 2008, 04:27:11 pm »
First, you should have waited for downloading EHAM because the version with AES support will be different anyway, so you'll will need to download it again.

However, I think you have PC issues that are not dependent from anything we made, like FS9.EXE still being active in the previous message (not normal), and now this.

Try just this one, as a last resort:

- delete bglman.dll, bglman.dat and bglmand_fsdt.dat from the MODULES folder

- download and install our STANDALONE Addon Manager for FS9.

If that still doesn't fix it, I suggest considering reinstalling FS9, or maybe even Windows, from scratch, because you are having other problems.

_Dre_

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2008, 02:19:17 am »
One last question; Would it work if I backup every folder and file inside my FS9, reinstall FS9, and then copy back in all the files that are there now (wouldn't that in the end just replace the "exe" after a reupdate to version 9.1).

You might try, providing you install FS9 in the same path, otherwise config and registry files might point to the wrong folder.

However, if your issue has been created by something inside the FS9 folder, by restoring all files, you might end up in the same situation again.

Also, some addons might require their installers to run, and wouldn't work if simply copied over.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2008, 08:40:28 am by virtuali »
Andre-FS9
AES Super User.

_Dre_

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2008, 05:41:43 pm »
Just an update incase someone else posts the same problem of FS9 not starting after the splash screen; All is well now after installing the new Windows XP and Microsoft.NET SP updates.
Andre-FS9
AES Super User.