Author Topic: KJFK Trial Mode Question  (Read 3993 times)

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
KJFK Trial Mode Question
« on: July 28, 2010, 10:29:40 am »
Umberto, in the past I have had enough peace of mind to buy all of the FSDT and Cloud9 sceneries without testing them first in trail mode because I was confident that they would return good performance, which they have. Today however I finally decided to give KJFK a chance, but since it has always been considered a very demanding area to fly in as far as maintaining good performance, I though I would actually test it in the trial mode.

The problem I am having in trail mode is that I use Ultimate Traffic 2, which as I am sure you are aware of doesn't use traffic bgl's, and when my trial flight loads and UT2 injects the traffic into KJFK it then vanishes in a few seconds. As a result since no traffic will show I am having a hard time trying to get a feel for how it will perform with some AI running. What I am wondering is, since the Addon Manager running this in trail mode, could that be causing an adverse interaction with UT2 and simconnect?

While I am at it, I was also wondering about a few of the terminal buildings and jetways that seem to be floating on one side of the airport. I didn't happen to jot down which ones since the 6 minutes goes pretty quick, but I chocked it up to trail mode that was causing that as well. It was weird however that only 1 terminal and its jetways were afloat, while all the other ones were fine.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: KJFK Trial Mode Question
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 11:07:26 am »
I haven't seen any issues between UT2 and any of our products, including JFK. They just work, as the below screenshot shows.

The only thing to note, is that UT2 traffic takes a little while to appear after the scenery is loaded, but that's entirely depending how UT2 works, by injecting traffic using Simconnect instead of a .bgl, but this happens regardless of the scenery, it doesn't have anything to do with the Addon Manager or the trial version but, more probably, because generating traffic in the JFK area takes a lot to compute all the flight paths, since it's a very busy area.

While I am at it, I was also wondering about a few of the terminal buildings and jetways that seem to be floating on one side of the airport. but I chocked it up to trail mode that was causing that as well.

Please, be more specific, and list exactly which buildings and which jetways, so we can check if it's really a problem of the scenery, or it's something else on your system that is affecting it.

Of course, it doesn't have anything to do with the scenery being in Trial, as we said many times already, the Trial is EXACTLY like the full version, just it runs for 5-6 minutes at a time, but there aren't any other limitations and it's not crippled in any way so, if you find somethign that doesn't look right, either it's a bug of the scenery that will not go away when purchased or (most likely) it's something else in conflict.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 12:26:41 pm »
The only thing to note, is that UT2 traffic takes a little while to appear after the scenery is loaded, but that's entirely depending how UT2 works, by injecting traffic using Simconnect instead of a .bgl, but this happens regardless of the scenery, it doesn't have anything to do with the Addon Manager or the trial version but, more probably, because generating traffic in the JFK area takes a lot to compute all the flight paths, since it's a very busy area.

Yeah, thats was what is weird. After a few minutes the UT2 traffic gets injected, then suddenly all vanishes. Tested at a few other FSDT airports to make sure something weird isn't going on, but all is well at the other FSDT aiports, just having the traffic vanish at KJFK. One thing I did notice is that the few WOAI cargo traffic I had there was showing up fine since its bgl based.

Please, be more specific, and list exactly which buildings and which jetways, so we can check if it's really a problem of the scenery, or it's something else on your system that is affecting it.

Of course, it doesn't have anything to do with the scenery being in Trial, as we said many times already, the Trial is EXACTLY like the full version, just it runs for 5-6 minutes at a time, but there aren't any other limitations and it's not crippled in any way so, if you find somethign that doesn't look right, either it's a bug of the scenery that will not go away when purchased or (most likely) it's something else in conflict.

I wasn't specific when mentioning it. When I get a chance tomorrow morning/afternoon I will take a screen shot to show you what is happening. I am guessing that its probably not a fault of the scenery otherwise a lot of people would have reported it.

Anyways, I was just finding it weird that I had these two issues with the demo. I'll post back tomorrow with shots of the floating buildings.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 01:55:04 pm »
Yeah, thats was what is weird. After a few minutes the UT2 traffic gets injected, then suddenly all vanishes.

I can't see this, only noticed that UT2 traffic disappear when pressing ESC and then reappear (after some seconds) when returning to flight.

Still, nothing that could be related in any way to JFK, also considering you haven't seen it at other FSDT airports. If there was some kind of problem between the UT2 module and our module, it would happen at all our airports.

cmpbllsjc

• Beta tester
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2010, 12:53:11 am »
I went back into the trail mode today and snaped some pics of the floating terminals and after I was done, I was going to run a defrag. Prior to the defrag I went to reboot Windows and a box came up the Couatl was still running. After I closed Couatl manually, I proceded to reboot Windows and fire up FSX and try the trial again.

Seems that the reboot was all that was needed after the initial install. The floating buildings are gone and the UT2 traffic is now being injected and staying, rather than disappearing after its injected.

Needless to say theres no point to posting the pics now, unless for some reason you would like to see.