Author Topic: MFD Cougar Pack  (Read 6487 times)

slipstream

MFD Cougar Pack
« on: July 25, 2010, 11:32:27 pm »
I tried the search but found no mention here. Does anyone use this hardware? It's cheaper than what I expected. I wonder how it performs with the Acc Hornet?

http://www.thrustmaster.com/product.aspx?ProductID=168&PlatformID=5

Razgriz

Re: MFD Cougar Pack
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2010, 11:35:40 pm »
You'd have to use FSUIPC and some other coding to use it with the MFD's in the Hornet.  You also need a monitor to display the MFD display, as the screen is fake, and only the buttons are useable.  http://www.viperpits.org has more info about it most likely.

slipstream

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2010, 12:17:40 am »
Thanks Raz. Fully understood that its buttons only. I'm trying to figure out the best type of mouse option to use with the hornet, perhaps a rollerball type that can be very close to my joystick, for when I do require to use it. Any ideas?

rotorhub66

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2010, 12:29:13 am »
They work fine with the F/A-18 gauges, but you will need FSUIPC to get it to work.

I am going to make a graphical tutorial on how you do the mapping, but you can see my post here;
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?topic=3248.0

Don't be scared by the lenght off the post. It is the button list, that is very loooong. The list represents alle the three screens. Each screen got 20 line select keys. Number 1 is the first from the left on the top row. I you count the buttons you will find that button number 12 is the "menu" button in the display.

When you have FSUIPC registered and the two Thrustmaster MFD connected, do this;

1. In FSX, bring up the FSUIPC user interface when the F/A-18 is loaded (Addons > FSUIPC)
2. Select the Buttons + Switches Tab
3. Decide wich display in VC you would like to control (Left, Center or Right).
4. On the Thrustmaster MFD device, press the button you would like to assign (most likely you will start with button #1 on the controller"
5. In FSUIPC check Select for FS Control > Now the drop down menu will activate
6. In the dropdown menu select the function: OFFSET DWORD SET
7. Now is the time to look up my list of all the 60 buttons for the three screens
8. In the Offset text box type x3110 (It is the same for all buttons)
9. In the parameter text box type the parameter number for button #1 from my list, its a hexa number... looks like this 0x00011100
10. Repeat steps 4-9 until all buttons are assigned. Remember unique parameter for each button

TIP#1: It is a good idea to close FSUIPC and check your assignments from time to time.
TIP#2: When in FSUIPC, check that the parameter number is correct by pressing all 20 buttons for each device in sequense

If no success with this, wait for the tutorial

Good luck
Rotorhub66

slipstream

« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2010, 05:44:39 pm »
Thanks rotorhub, I think I understand your tutorial enough to go ahead.