Author Topic: P3Dv5: KLAS all borked since last Live Update  (Read 492 times)

MELKOR

P3Dv5: KLAS all borked since last Live Update
« on: October 12, 2024, 04:40:55 am »
I landed at KLAS in tonight's VATSIM FNO and saw the scenery was all borked (see attachment).
Latest version of P3Dv5

So, I tried:
1) From P3D, "Restart Couatl and rebuild airport cache": No joy
2) Run Live Update a couple more times: No joy
3) Uninstall KLAS, reinstall KLAS: No joy
4) Tried a few other FSDT sceneries I own, KLAX, KSDF, KMEM: No issues

I don't know why specifically KLAS, but I've done nothing else but update with Live Update...

Help?
« Last Edit: October 12, 2024, 04:42:37 am by MELKOR »

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: P3Dv5: KLAS all borked since last Live Update
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2024, 08:32:36 pm »
You're not using ORBX, are you. If so, are you using the Southern California terrain.
Captain Kevin

MELKOR

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2024, 06:10:22 am »
You're not using ORBX, are you. If so, are you using the Southern California terrain.

Yes, using ORBX. And, yes, using SoCal terrain.

But, I've been using those for a long time... nothing changed recently.
Only thing I did recently was run FSDT Live Update.

But, given you asked that: Do you know something I don't know?? lol

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2024, 02:33:56 pm »
I don't know if you've tried this before, but in the ORBX folder, go into wherever the scenery is installed, go to the Southern California terrain folder, you'll see three folders, Effects, ORBX, and Scenery. Go into the ORBX folder there. Then go into the FTX_NA folder. You'll see four folders, Scenery, CVX, Mesh, and Custom. Go into the scenery folder, and you'll see another scenery folder. Go into that scenery folder. You'll want to move any file referencing KLAS, which could be ADE_FTX_SCA_KLAS.bgl, ADE_FTX_SCA_KLAS_CVX.bgl, and FTX_SCA_objects_KLAS_PLC.bgl, or some variant thereof. There should be three of those. I wouldn't recommend deleting them, but rather move them out of that scenery folder and into the previous folder that you were just in.
Captain Kevin

MELKOR

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2024, 06:20:58 pm »
Yes, I know exactly what you're talking about, but honestly did that so long ago that I forgot...!

I had renamed the .bgl files by appending ".off" instead of deleting (which is equivalent because P3D will not find them).

But.. lo and behold! The .bgl files are back again... so that surely explains things.

I do vaguely remember there being an upgrade from ORBX some time earlier this year, that must have been it.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2024, 06:38:47 pm »
It was always easier for me to just move them somewhere else because if you have multiple add-on airports, that could easily be 15 files you have to rename. That said, any time there's an update to ORBX or you need to verify the files again, always a good idea to check to make sure those files didn't get put back in.
Captain Kevin