Author Topic: Editing parking stands and "Auto Reposition"  (Read 332 times)

Pinsho

Editing parking stands and "Auto Reposition"
« on: September 23, 2024, 02:43:12 pm »
Hello,
I am editing LEPP (by BMW), a small spanish airport where you can find those "circular" stands.
When selecting ramp 2 from the MSFS menu, by default (#1) the plane is aligned facing the terminal, which is not correct. It should be parked diagonally (#2)

Now GSX has the new Auto Reposition feature it would be great to choose Ramp 2 from the MSFS menu and spawn like in #2 directly, but my problem is once I edit the stand (moving and rotating), GSX does not seem to detect the aircraft on the stand and the GSX menu suggests selecting a runway or a ramp (it can be seen in #1), so the Auto Reposition is not working because the aircraft is out of the stand.

I have tried to make the parking size much larger (F5/F6 in editor)  to cover the initial position of the aircraft on the stand, but it is still not detected.

Is there any way to get this circular stands in place without using GSX to reposition the aircraft?
Maybe in that way the Auto Reposition feature would work and the aircraft would spawn properly at the stop point configured in the airport profile.

Thanks in advance
« Last Edit: September 25, 2024, 11:20:15 pm by Pinsho »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Editing parking stands and "Auto Reposition"
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2024, 12:34:39 am »
I have tried to make the parking size much larger (F5/F6 in editor)  to cover the initial position of the aircraft on the stand, but it is still not detected.

What controls the detection is the threshold distance ( Page 42 of the manual ), which is by default related to the parking size, but can be customized to cover these edge cases.

Pinsho

« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2024, 02:10:54 pm »
I already tried the Distance threshold but it's not working for me.
Parking radius left: 20.00 right:16.00 Distance threshold: 25, 50 150, 500... and GSX always asks me to select a parking or runway...
« Last Edit: September 30, 2024, 02:13:00 pm by Pinsho »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2024, 08:44:50 am »
The radius doesn't affect this, only the threshold (if there is one set) and its relationship with the parking center (which you can edit as well) so you must use a combination of editing the parking center and the threshold. Also for the nearby parking spots, to be sure their thresholds won't overlap.