Author Topic: Is there any chance of even the slightest improvement?  (Read 246 times)

MaximumN2

Is there any chance of even the slightest improvement?
« on: September 17, 2024, 04:50:39 pm »
I really don’t understand this mess at the moment. After years of development, this program remains a mess, and all we receive are arrogant responses from the developers.

I can’t recall a single smooth operation without encountering bugs.

1. Pushback with 360, 180, or 90-degree turns results in awkward push/pull movements.
2. Glitches are everywhere — vehicles collide with each other.
3. Even when PAX is turned off, there are still bizarre instances of passengers floating into the ceilings of Airbus and Boeing aircraft.
4. Loading times are absurdly long.
5. This annoying window is always present, even when closed. It blocks important click spots in the cockpit.
6. Still no cleaning function?
7. You still can't turn off this weird loading and clicking in the FMC of the PMDG's. This is so annoying.

Normally, I am quite forgiving with GSX, but after doing a long haul and having GSX ruin the whole experience again and again, it’s just too much.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Is there any chance of even the slightest improvement?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2024, 01:52:09 am »
I really don’t understand this mess at the moment. After years of development, this program remains a mess

The program is not obviously "a mess", the changelog speaks for itself:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

Incredibly rich with a mix of new features and fixes as well.

and all we receive are arrogant responses from the developers.

I don't know what you are trying to say here. You registered to this forum in July, and made only ONE post here and you received ONE reply from me:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,31844.msg202086.html#msg202086

How, exactly, is that reply "arrogant", let alone inaccurate ?

1. Pushback with 360, 180, or 90-degree turns results in awkward push/pull movements.

This usually happens because of bugs in the airport nodes, which is the only data (right or wrong) GSX can work with, if you use the DEFAULT, automatic, non custom Pushback.

And the reason why there IS a custom pushback to begin with, which if used correctly, will have GSX perform a perfect pushback all the time, because it will IGNORE the possibly bad underlying airport data.

2. Glitches are everywhere — vehicles collide with each other.

These are not obviously "glitches", they intentional by design, because the impact on the sim of having every vehicle constantly aware of each other, would smap the simulator with so many calls to Simconnect, that it would affect the whole simulation. That is, without even mentioning a completely new class of issues, of vehicles stuck because they need to decide how to yeld to each other.

Most of the time, these issues can be fixed in two ways:

- With a smart placement of vehicles in an airport profile, done by profile creators, usually.

- Calling services allowing some delay between each other.

3. Even when PAX is turned off, there are still bizarre instances of passengers floating into the ceilings of Airbus and Boeing aircraft.

Please provide with proper replication steps, because I never seen this.

4. Loading times are absurdly long.

This is of course happening exactly the same with every add-on that adds a large number of variable objects in the sim, like an AI traffic pack. And it's the reason why the manual has a chapter dedicated EXACTLY to that, with some suggestions to reduce GSX own contribution to the loading time. The paragraph named MSFS takes longer to start with GSX installed Page 97 of the manua.

5. This annoying window is always present, even when closed. It blocks important click spots in the cockpit.

The "window" doesn't block anything. The Window BORDER blocks clicks, and of course there's nothing we can do about it, because one would assume it would be logical that an HIDDEN menu should not respond to clicks on the Windows Border, same as if doesn't on the whole Window area so, clearly, this is an MSFS limitation/bug.

And of course, if you read the manual where the usage of the menu is explained, you would have know WHY the menu is only Hidden instead of being closed, which is (again), an MSFS limitation, which kills immediately all the running code of a menu, with no way to re-open it programmatically ( as it was possible with FSX and P3D ) unless you open it again.

Obviously, if MS/Asobo will ever provide a way to open a menu programmatically, they wouldn't be any need to just "hide it", solving both issues: the Window border responsive to click MSFS bug, and the fact the menu can't be opened MSFS limitation.

6. Still no cleaning function?

Are you asking about the cleaning function because you couldn't say "still no Lavatory/Water function" anymore ? If that wasn't a proof we ALWAYS deliver what we promised, I don't know what else is.

7. You still can't turn off this weird loading and clicking in the FMC of the PMDG's. This is so annoying.

I don't know what you are trying to say with "weird". They insert for you all data required from Simbrief and, as reported by several users, in some cases they are even more accurate than PMDG own's EFB and of course, those were made long before PMDG had an EFB to begin with so, your "weird" function was the ONLY way to integrate the PMDG with Simbrief.

If you think the PMDG integration is FAILING, that is setting wrong values, open a new thread, with a proper title and a diagnostic log, and we'll verify that.

Normally, I am quite forgiving with GSX, but after doing a long haul and having GSX ruin the whole experience again and again, it’s just too much.

Nothing of what you reported "ruined" anything, your issues are either completely inconsequential ( vehicles clashing into each other ), not related in any way to "after doing a long-haul" ( loading times or the pushback caused by bad airport data and not doing it custom )
« Last Edit: September 18, 2024, 01:56:43 am by virtuali »