Author Topic: Couatl engine : corrupt file after FSDT Live Update  (Read 1280 times)

frig2

Re: Couatl engine : corrupt file after FSDT Live Update
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2024, 12:08:21 am »
Same here, GSX has broken after the latest update.

I just ran the updater to 3.1.6 and I'm having the exact same issue. Couatl not launching and GSX not loading in the sim (Never ending "Waiting for Couatl Scipting Engine to start"). Trying to launch it manually in the Addon Manager/couatl64  folder gives me an error "The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable".

I was previously on 3.1.3 and everything was working just fine. Ran the update and it's no longer working. GSX is already excluded in all antivirus and firewall settings.

Sorry to say it, but something is not right about this update - I've used GSX since release and never had any kind of major issue in MSFS until this right now.

kaanaslan

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2024, 01:02:51 am »
I've been flying without GSX for a few days due to not having a fix or a solution.

kakugo

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2024, 02:56:03 pm »
Same problem, disabling antivirus and firewall and CHECKing the installation with FSDT Installer didn't solve the problem.
Nothing on my system changed that would explain why GSX stopped working after the latest update.

kakugo

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2024, 03:44:43 pm »
It now started working for me, possibly because I ran the offline installer.

snapshot21

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2024, 05:41:18 pm »
Same here, Addon Manager folder has been in antivirus exclusions for a long time, but after the latest update, Couatl is not launching.

X-_-Pilot9

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2024, 04:51:40 am »
I had the same issue but was able to solve it. It was not an issue with any internal Windows anti-virus, but rather my ASUS Router AI Protection (Trend-Micro) was blocking update.virtualisoftware.com and preventing the Couatl exe's from downloading. I had to login to router an add an exemption for the link.

Hope this helps some.

flyseven

« Reply #21 on: September 21, 2024, 03:28:13 pm »
i tried out all’ tre steps described but no change further I deactivated completley Antivirus and firewall, deleted couatl.exe , did a li e update to restore couatl.exe again … but nothing changed gsx still does not work… that means : i can activate on taskbar but as soon as fir example boarding is requested it goes off (black gsx icon) !!,

EmileB

« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2024, 01:31:49 pm »
I had the same issue but was able to solve it. It was not an issue with any internal Windows anti-virus, but rather my ASUS Router AI Protection (Trend-Micro) was blocking update.virtualisoftware.com and preventing the Couatl exe's from downloading. I had to login to router an add an exemption for the link.

Hope this helps some.

Yes it does help me, and guys : an apology from me is due on this issue.  Although unknowingly, I got it wrong about my router.  Thanks X-_-Pilot9 for this post.

I was having a browse on my mobile Deco app tonight, and discovered that my Deco Mesh Wifi was set up (by the IT contractor who installed our wifi network in our new house) with a malicious content network protection based on Trend Micro's database - and it had been blocking update.virtualisoftware.com :-[

I have now unblocked that website so the problem should not reoccur.  In my case also, the problem wasn't my Windows Internet Security software, but further back up the chain.

I'm not a computer expert but maybe this could also explain why GSX installed originally, if the full install did not involve the live update facility.  And that may then also be why it re-installed OK after an uninstall.  Learnt something new today ;D
« Last Edit: September 22, 2024, 01:33:32 pm by EmileB »

LukeFF

« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2024, 06:39:06 pm »

Hope this helps some.

Thanks, yes, that was my issue here, too. Unfortunatley it took about two hours of wasted time last night to figure it out, so hopefully going forward some sort of solution from GSX can be made so this isn't a persistent issue.

alexberry

« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2024, 09:29:54 pm »
This happened after 3.1.5 and now again after 3.1.7  .  And the hours it takes to try to sort it out, going through all the possibilities.

I love GSX and what it brings to MSFS, and I'm glad I spent the money buying it.

But I'm sorry but this is terrible.  Why is this installation software causing a corrupt installation of the couatl_msfs.exe file?  Why is antivirus and/or firewall triggered? OK, perhaps it's something to do with antivirus, but why do we have to dig around in antivirus or firewall settings on our desktops and even on our routers?  I don't get it.

I do think Umberto should be on here and provide an explanation and possible software fix to prevent this happening.

Danimalpm

« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2024, 09:46:15 pm »

Hope this helps some.

This solved my issue as well. ASUS AiProtection blocks update.virtualisoftware.com as a Disease Vector threat and an exception needed to be added. After running Live Update, I was good to go. Admin may want to pin this somewhere if it isn't pinned already to save people with ASUS routers a lot of troubleshooting time.
Dan Kwiatkowski

alexberry

« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2024, 09:55:46 pm »
It's update.fsdreamteam.com that is identified as a disease vector by AiProtection on my ASUS router.

I've added this and update.virtualisoftware.com to my allowed list.

Perhaps I'm naïve, but I'm still concerned about having to do this for GSX, a piece of commercial software.