Author Topic: iniBuilds A300-600 Seated Passengers Broken  (Read 474 times)

Bananimal

iniBuilds A300-600 Seated Passengers Broken
« on: August 30, 2024, 04:52:39 am »
Exterior model is absent when adding passengers in the configurator. 

Got two issues here...

1. The "A300_EXTERIOR.xml" is being written to some of my skin folders, but not all. All folders have the correct naming conventions and GSX sees them all. I know this because all of the texture files for all of my skins are being updated with GSX entries. So, your app sees my folders, indicating it is not a naming convention issue. GSX will also leave a "xml_modified_by_gsx" file in the model folders where it does not drop a "A300_EXTERIOR.xml" file and the original "model.cfg" file is left intact with no modifications.

2. The "A300_EXTERIOR.xml" that is dropped in some of the skin folders is calling the wrong exterior model path. The path being called is "..\..\inibuilds-aircraft-a306r\model\A300_EXTERIOR_LOD0.gltf" There is no "model" folder in the original aircraft install. There are "model.Interior_pax, model.pax, model.PAX_ini, model.PAX_white" model folders. this results in the exterior model not showing up for these skins.

I do have a question as well. Is it necessary to drop a XML file in a skin model folder if the original model.cfg file is aliased to the original model correctly? Seems it wouldn't make much sense to drop an XML file in a skin folder if the original aircraft model has been modified and my skin folders model.cfg file is properly aliased to that modified model file.   

Sorry to be so wordy here, but I never reach out until I find an issue. I'm a Sr. level IT guy and know my way around troubleshooitng. My skins libraries are massive and I'm a great test candidate for your software as i use PowerShell to modify my skins and make sure all is in order. In know it is in this case. At least I'm 99.9% I'm good on my end. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: iniBuilds A300-600 Seated Passengers Broken
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2024, 12:16:55 pm »
The model .xml is not always copied, it depends on the situation, if the livery is "just" a livery repaint without a local "model" (or model.xxxx ) folder, and the airline IS recognized from the icao_airline parameter of the aircraft.cfg file, the exterior .XML MUST be copied, because the attachment for the Crew must be different for each livery to support the different crew characters which are associated with the airline.

If the airline is not recognized (or it is, but GSX doesn't have a custom crew for it), the exterior model won't be copied, because the seated passengers and the generic crew has been already added to the exterior .xml of the base model.

If the installer creates a model folder that doesn't exists, it's because something is missing from the aircraft.cfg of the livery, either the icao_airline or the texture or the model folder are either missing or wrong.

Bananimal

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2024, 05:03:32 pm »
Thanks for the reply.

All of my aircraft skins have a model folder as well as a model.cfg file and they are aliased all the same via PowerShell scripting. Likewise, all of my Aircraft.cfg files include the true ICAO airline code as well as the airline name. So, that makes sense as to why some are getting the XML drop and some are not. All of the texture.cfg files for all my skins are in fact being updated properly. The issue is the path in the XMLs that are dropped in the skin Model folders are wrong. That needs to be fixed on your end. There is no "Model" folder in the base aircraft folder. Maybe iniBuilds pulled/renamed it since you all built the compatibility for the aircraft into GSX.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2024, 05:48:39 pm by Bananimal »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2024, 11:46:06 am »
It's no use keep repeating you are using what I'm surely is a very complex PowerShell script to create liveries, when the airplane official ones surely work so, it would be more effective if you posted a sample of a complete livery, including the package where is located or, if it's supposed to be in another package, clearly indicating which one and where, so the problem could be eventually replicated.

If the file is large, using a cloud service or something like Wetransfer and send it to the FSDT support email address.