Author Topic: Pilot boarding for cargo aircraft?  (Read 671 times)

Supera380

Pilot boarding for cargo aircraft?
« on: July 26, 2024, 05:27:24 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Can you confirm if pilots should be seen boarding if GSX is configured for a cargo aircraft when parked at an open apron position?
At the moment I do not see any pilot van or pilots boarding through 1L when using a custom profile for the TFDI MD-11F aircraft.

I request boarding and then the dialog for crew/pilots appears. I only choose the "Pilots" option.
After this, the cargo loaders appear at the correct positions of the aircraft and the specific stairs for 1L are brought to the door however I do not see any van arrive or pilots walking up the steps into 1L.
Loading continues until finished without any issues.

This is observed in P3Dv5.3 HF2 and the TFDI MD-11 freighter variant.
Latest GSX Live Update installed today.

thx
Mark

Supera380

Re: Pilot boarding for cargo aircraft?
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2024, 05:30:53 pm »
Hi Umberto,

Can you please look into this issue?

There seems to be a bug in the latest GSX release in that when requesting only Pilots to board, there is no crew bus arriving and the green GSX message instantly displays pilots have boarded even though there is no crew animation visible or crew bus.

On landing, everything works OK when only pilots are requested to deboard. Once this option is selected I get the normal crew bus arriving message and in fact the bus does arrive and the 2 pilots deboard.

So it looks to me as though there is a small defect with the pilots-only boarding proceeds for cargo aircraft.

This was tested at EGNX, apron position using the TFDi MD-11F with P3Dv5.3.

I hope you can look into this?

BodoM

Re: Pilot boarding for cargo aircraft?
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2024, 03:30:57 pm »
Hi,

GSX for P3D is messed up in many fields:

- Crew boarding: Only a ramp agend with striped west ist walking from the bus to teh aircraft. Long time ago there were also 2 Pilots boarding

- After Cargo loading, no boarding completed signal (dong) is being played and no beeps anymore to closed the doors. Now the cargo loaders disappear and the doors stay open.

- Sometimes when Crew is being selcted for boarding there are no people appear and a voice say "Crew is boarded".

When is this going to be fixed? Can you provide an older GSX Version/installer where this behaviour is still supported?  

Supera380

Re: Pilot boarding for cargo aircraft - GSX boarding all messed up
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2024, 03:45:01 pm »
Hello,

Could I please request a response/help to this issue which is now outstanding for 5 weeks without any reply from the developer.  :o

This issue is quite reproducible on my machine and wonder why GSX crew pilot boarding appears to be all screwed up.

As mentioned in the original post, I request pilot (only)  boarding for the cargo aircraft and GSX indicates soon after that the pilots have boarded however there is absolutely no animation in the sim either for the crew bus or the pilots joining the aircraft.

If I look at the Couatl-log file (attached) it appears no pilots were requested but this is totally false.
It appears GSX is quite a mess right now with boarding functionality not working in many situations.

Can we please have some attention from the developer on solving some of these reported issues on the official GSX support forum please?

Thanks.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Pilot boarding for cargo aircraft - GSX boarding all messed up
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2024, 04:03:27 pm »
Could I please request a response/help to this issue which is now outstanding for 5 weeks without any reply from the developer.  :o
Yeah, I've been waiting seven weeks for an issue I had.
Captain Kevin