Author Topic: Long start up to MSFS Main Menu  (Read 331 times)

Witcher

Long start up to MSFS Main Menu
« on: August 31, 2024, 05:03:09 am »
Anyone experienced 15-20 mins load times to MSFS 2020 main menu after seated passengers were intro'ed?

Is it possible to start GSX Pro after MSFS main menu is loaded?

How can you move the GSX Pro installed folder to another drive?

zebraleet

Re: Long start up to MSFS Main Menu
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2024, 04:20:50 pm »
I'm sure it's gotten even slower, but that is very long so I would check you have added an exclusion in your AV for the GSX folders.

It's possibly the most bloated addon available at the moment

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Long start up to MSFS Main Menu
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2024, 11:57:40 am »
GSX Manual, Page 95, the paragraph named MSFS takes longer to start with GSX installed in the TROUBLESHOOTING Chapter, has some suggestions what you can do to reduce the increase on the startup time added by GSX, for example disabling Airport Service, which won't affect GSX proper vehicles servicing your airplane, but only the accuracy of the operators selected for default ground services servicing AI airplanes.

If it's not entirely clear for you what Airport Services do, there's a table at Page 8 of the manual which explains exactly what they do and when they are used, so you can decide to disable them if they are not important to you.

Normally, GSX adds about 2:30-3:00 minutes to the startup time, which is comparable to a similar product that adds lots of models in many livery variations like an AI package, and you can shave at least a minute extra if you disable all Airport Services files.

15-20 of startup time is unheard of but, of course, if you have an insanely huge Community folder, your antivirus scanning each and every file ( not just from GSX ) might cause that so, the first thing I always do when installing MSFS, is to add its entire CONTENT folder ( the one that "contains" the Community and the Official folder ) to the antivirus EXCLUSIONS, which will prevent the antivirus scanning over hundreds of thousands of files while they are opened during the startup.