Author Topic: .ini file line too long causes errors, bad jetway data, and "Stand is isolated"  (Read 296 times)

VioletUtica

In my troubleshooting I have found the culprit of an error that has been messing with my profiles for a couple weeks. Attached are two files, a text file containing customisation data that was removed from a profile for troubleshooting, and the associated profile sans-problem gate.

GSX is up to date (3.1.3)

Steps to replicate behaviour:
  • Download "YMML-fixed.ini" and "YMML-problem.txt". Place the .ini in Virtuali\GSX\MSFS and load MSFS into any gate at Melbourne Airport YMML. Observe normal behaviour.
  • Ensuring the GSX customisation menu is closed, insert gate customisation data from "YMML-problem.txt" into "YMML-fixed.ini", ensuring the right number of line breaks are present.
  • Restart Couatl Scripting Engine. This can be done though the GSX menu or the Couatl tray icon.
  • Open the GSX menu to observe error tones, repeated "This gate is isolated, ground services are not available" voice messages, and erratic behaviour in GSX. Additionally observe "Bad jetway data" message in Couatl.log, but no references to an invalid customisation file.
  • Additional steps: Enter GSX customisation by clicking "Customize airport positions" in the GSX menu, and observe message informing of 51 gates not found in nav data and asking to create new profile without missing gates. Select "Ok, and restart".
  • Open this new file, and observe part of the data for "pushbackaddpos" has been cut off. This includes two different brackets.
  • Attempt to use GSX again, and observe similar errors. Open the customisation menu again and observe numerous missing gates, including most of Gate C

What I believe to have happened is that this specific line in the complete .ini file is too long, and gets cut off during processing, throwing off the formatting of the whole file. This then throws a number of errors. I am not aware of any warning in the manual about this line character limit. This is supported by the line getting cut off when GSX attempts to create a new file without broken gates. I suspect there are a number of redundant entries in the customisation data for this gate which could be removed - notice the large amounts of "None" present. However a fix for this line character limit issue should still be issued, or guidance on fixing it. I don't know what parts of this data are needed or not, therefore I don't know what I can safely remove, another thing that could use some guidance.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Please provide with:

- the profile BEFORE doing ANY changes on your part. The one you attached called "problem" is missing the [general] section, so it surely won't work so, please, provide the file as it was, before any editing.

- which airport you are referring to because, in absence of any better information, we can only assume "default YMML", if it's not the case, clearly indicate the scenery.