Author Topic: Container transport during unload from A320  (Read 753 times)

heidjer1

Container transport during unload from A320
« on: August 28, 2024, 05:47:40 pm »
When containers are unloaded on my Fenix A320, they are initially compressed during transport onto the loader.
Then they suddenly pop up to their actual size.
What's going wrong here?
« Last Edit: August 28, 2024, 05:49:13 pm by heidjer1 »

heidjer1

Re: Container transport during unload from A320
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2024, 06:02:39 pm »
Is there anyone who knows a solution?
Unloading containers looks terrible.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2024, 11:52:03 am »
The problem doesn't happen and nobody ever reported it before. It looks like a video driver issue, because we don't have any way to control objects scaling in realtime, and it wouldn't make any sense to do it even if we could.

heidjer1

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2024, 03:57:22 pm »
As you can clearly see, the loader moves much too high to the cargo hold opening. As a result, the container does not initially move on the loader, but through it.

That looks very strange.

If I manually select the cargo loader in the GSX settings, then it moves to the correct position and this strange behavior does not occur.

Any ideas?
« Last Edit: September 08, 2024, 04:00:11 pm by heidjer1 »

heidjer1

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2024, 10:15:49 pm »
Is there no one who would like to say something about this problem?

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2024, 03:26:42 am »
Is there no one who would like to say something about this problem?
I see that it is there, yes. What is it that you would like for me to say about it.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 13, 2024, 10:38:08 am »
Doesn't happen here.

A possible reason is, sometimes Simconnect "pauses" for a few seconds, because of too many apps sending too much traffic to it, so it misses updates, only to recover later. Some developers reported pauses up to 30 seconds, in which the sim just stop replying. This might be the reason why the platform animation didn't work correctly, because the simulator stopped replying to GSX commands for a while.

heidjer1

« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2024, 07:08:57 pm »
Hi Umberto,
I have never noticed any pauses. I only fly the Fenix ​​A320. Regardless of the airport, this error always occurs and only when the standard "ANY TYPE" is set in the GSX settings for the front and rear baggage loader and GSX decides to use the cargo loader at the parking position.
If, however, I manually set the "CARGO LOADER" in the GSX settings, then everything is OK and the loader always moves to the right height.

I don't think that has anything to do with pausing Simconnect.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2024, 12:22:31 am »
I don't think that has anything to do with pausing Simconnect.

Simconnect issues are the only thing that can explains that, because the platform and cargo are raised together, by sending Simconnect commands to both so, either they are both right, or they should be both wrong. If they lose sync between each other, the only possible explanation is the sim missed some commands we sent.

Regardless of the airport, this error always occurs and only when the standard "ANY TYPE" is set in the GSX settings for the front and rear baggage loader and GSX decides to use the cargo loader at the parking position. If, however, I manually set the "CARGO LOADER" in the GSX settings, then everything is OK and the loader always moves to the right height.

GSX doesn't decide anything, the airplane profile decide which loader the airplane will use, but it can be overridden by the airport profile, by setting a type explicitly.  However, once a loader has been "decided", it will work just the same as if it was set explicitly.

heidjer1

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2024, 06:36:04 pm »
GSX doesn't decide anything, the airplane profile decide which loader the airplane will use, but it can be overridden by the airport profile, by setting a type explicitly.  However, once a loader has been "decided", it will work just the same as if it was set explicitly.

The fact is, if the airplane profile decides which loader is used, this error occurs.
If the loader is explicitly selected in the airport profile, then the error does not occur.
This can be reproduced at any time and the error occurs at all airports, at every gate and at any time.

heidjer1

« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2024, 04:07:20 pm »
Simconnect issues are the only thing that can explains that, because the platform and cargo are raised together, by sending Simconnect commands to both so, either they are both right, or they should be both wrong. If they lose sync between each other, the only possible explanation is the sim missed some commands we sent.

The error really has nothing to do with the platform being lifted together with the container.
The loader consists of two independent platforms.
The first platform (the one at the cargo hold door) moves much too high in the event of an error. This causes the container to roll through the first platform.
The container only appears correctly on the second platform and is then lowered. (Clearly visible in the photos).

Perhaps the developers should take a look at this error.

Regards,
Hans-Jürgen