Author Topic: Idea for a "trainer-mission"  (Read 75622 times)

Letourn

Re: Idea for a "trainer-mission"
« Reply #105 on: October 22, 2010, 03:33:47 am »
thanks Spaz for your good answer. I will practice #5 so maybe one day i get good at doing the right pattern for the carrier.

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #106 on: October 22, 2010, 03:39:01 am »
Letourn, please don't start with Mission 5 though!  :)  A day carrier pattern is quite different. Either Mission 1 or 2 demonstrate the Day Carrier Pattern / Day FCLP where the circuit height is also the carrier pattern height 600 feet. Much easier to carry out in daytime. The FLOLS/mirror is more difficult to see at a distance in daylight but at NAF El Centro you should have the 'needles' ILS, not that I'm recommending you should use them because the point of FCLP is to fly the ball. Have fun, practice lots. This will make it easier at the carrier for sure.
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #107 on: October 22, 2010, 06:19:04 am »
Edit:  Well, I downloaded the .zip file and started all over, same result; missions 1 and 2 work fine; missions 3,4,5 cause FSX to crash while it's loading the scenery.  Any thoughts or suggestions?

Bill

Bill,
here's what I would try if I had the same problem.

In the Addon Scenery/KNRA_FCLP/scenery folder there are five .bgl files

KNRA_FCLP.BGL
KNRA_FCLP_CVX.bgl
KNRA_runway.bgl
KNRA_skidmarks.bgl
KNRA_stuff.bgl

Rename (or move to a separate folder) runway, skidmarks and stuff BGL's and try to load any Coupeville mission in FSX again. If it loads ok, then rename/move back those previously renamed/moved BGL's one at a time to see which one crashes FSX.
Want it done right? Do it yourself!

WilliamCall

« Reply #108 on: October 22, 2010, 11:52:32 am »
Serge,
     I moved runway, skidmarks, and stuff to a separate folder.  Started FSX, it detected the change and rebuilt the scenery database.  Next, I selected mission 3.  FSX crashed while loading the scenery, at the same location, 86% loaded point.  So, there's something it doesn't like about the main two scenery .blg files for KNRA.  I'll try to run a regular flight from KNRA (without selecting a mission) and see what happens.

Bill

Edit:  Free flight at KNRA caused FSX to crash.  Free flight at Oceana NAS worked.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 12:09:48 pm by WilliamCall »

WilliamCall

« Reply #109 on: October 23, 2010, 04:14:24 am »
Serge,
     It appears that one or both of the KNRA scenery .bgl files are not working (for me).  I've downloaded and reinstalled the fclp mission pack at least four times, thinking something is getting corrupted during the download or unzipping process (no joy).  Could I trouble you to post or maybe e-mail me the two primary KNRA .bgl files?  Unless of course, you have some other thing I can try.  I'm out of ideas.  Thanks!

Bill

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #110 on: October 23, 2010, 05:48:39 pm »
Bill,
no problem. Here are the two BGL files. Hope this will help... [crossing fingers]

WilliamCall

« Reply #111 on: October 24, 2010, 12:09:31 am »
Bill,
no problem. Here are the two BGL files. Hope this will help... [crossing fingers]

Well, I'm making progress.  Before, the mission would crash FSX, so I tried free flight mode and that would crash FSX.  Now, I can load the scenery and fly in free flight mode, but FSX still crashes when trying to run the mission.  So, I thought I'd start in free flight mode, then change the time of day to night.  Free flight mode started o.k., but when I changed time of day to night, FSX crashed.  So, there is something about the night time scenery that it doesn't like.

Bill

SpazSinbad

• RAN FAA: https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
    • A4G Skyhawk & Fixed Wing history scrapbook PDFs & videos RAN FAA + How to Deck Land Various Aircraft
« Reply #112 on: October 25, 2010, 05:04:52 am »
After looking for more up to date LSO information on the web these PDF page (0.3Mb) extracts from an otherwise complicated looking report appear to be useful. PDF pages for file download at end of message. Otherwise the entire PDF is just under 1Mb obtainable from here: http://robertheffleyengineering.com/docs/CV_environ/RHE_NAV_90_TR_1.pdf

OUTER-LOOP CONTROL FACTORS FOR CARRIER AIRCRAFT
Robert K. Heffley - 1 December 1990

The basics do not change all that much - even the Legacy Hornet is mentioned along with the new T-45A Goshawk....
« Last Edit: May 08, 2012, 12:58:40 pm by SpazSinbad »
https://www.faaaa.asn.au/spazsinbad-a4g/
RAN FAA A4G NAS Nowra ɐıןɐɹʇsn∀ :-)

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #113 on: October 25, 2010, 05:57:10 am »
...  So, I thought I'd start in free flight mode, then change the time of day to night.  Free flight mode started o.k., but when I changed time of day to night, FSX crashed.  So, there is something about the night time scenery that it doesn't like.

Bill, there is nothing night specific in my scenery, all this stuff is kept in mission files. Does your FSX load any other sceneries at night?

WilliamCall

« Reply #114 on: October 25, 2010, 10:57:30 am »
...  So, I thought I'd start in free flight mode, then change the time of day to night.  Free flight mode started o.k., but when I changed time of day to night, FSX crashed.  So, there is something about the night time scenery that it doesn't like.

Bill, there is nothing night specific in my scenery, all this stuff is kept in mission files. Does your FSX load any other sceneries at night?

Serge,
     Yes, I can load other sceneries at night.  This is just wierd.  I'll keep working the issue.  Let me know if you have any ideas.

Bill

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #115 on: October 25, 2010, 11:13:00 am »
Ok, let's try this slightly modified scenery (I removed some urban areas, which are illuminated at night). Of course, save/rename your original file before pasting this one to the KNRA_FCLP/scenery folder.

PS. If this won't help, rename the two KNRA_FCLP*.BGL files and try to load any night FCLP mission. And don't be surprised - you'll start amidst a forest, because FSX default OLF Coupeville is somehow misplaced...
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 11:19:08 am by fsxnavypilot »

WilliamCall

« Reply #116 on: October 26, 2010, 02:56:52 am »
Serge,
     Thanks for the modified files!  I was thinking, "Why does this work for everybody else, and not for me"?  So, I took another look at when FSX crashes and noticed that it was when it was loading all the "eye candy" graphics.  I reviewed the graphics configuration in FSX settings and found that most of my sliders were at their maximum values.  So, I reduced a couple of sliders, and was able to run the KNAR scenery at night, while in free flight mode.  Mission three still crashes, but I think that if I reduced a few more sliders, I might get the missions to run.  I'll let you know.

Bill

Tregarth

« Reply #117 on: November 05, 2010, 03:31:10 pm »
Dear FSXNP.

I have tried to download your KNJK_FCLP from FileFront but the site cannot find the file.

Is it still there or have you removed it?

Thank you,

Tregarth.

« Reply #57 on: August 19, 2010, 09:27:13 AM »
   Reply with quoteQuote
Ok, guys...
Here's my FCLP mission pack ready to fly - http://www.filefront.com/17215133/KNJK_FCLP.zip.
Any suggestions are welcome. Have fun!  Grin

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #118 on: November 05, 2010, 06:37:48 pm »
Tregarth,
Yes, I have removed it. It is now a part of the FCLP missions pack, available at http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=153677&CatID=fsxmsn. Also you will have to d/l this small addition http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=3211.0;attach=9046.

Paddles

• Lurking around
    • vLSO blog
« Reply #119 on: November 26, 2010, 01:17:51 pm »
Guys, here are some screenshots of my IFLOLS Mk.14. This one will be used in my updated FCLP missions pack, Vol.2  8) It follows LSO NATOPS as closely as possible and, like the real Mk.14, has 12 ball cells and working datums and waveoff lights. Carrier box lighting has been reworked too - a smaller number of new lights, but visible better from a great distance.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2010, 01:32:35 pm by fsxnavypilot »