Author Topic: Passengers not using jetway properly  (Read 365 times)

SgtMav316

Passengers not using jetway properly
« on: August 28, 2024, 11:13:22 am »
This has been bugging me for a while now and I still cant get it to work right. In the editor when you customize the passengers walking points into the aircraft. I have parking is using jetway selected and I have disabled stairs. I set all the way points from inside the terminal to inside the first leg of the jetway, then another one at the turn inside the jetway, then another where the jet way terminates. I assumed since stairs are disabled the passengers would identify they are at the aircraft and would enter the aircraft to their seats. Instead they are turning around walking back into the jetway then turning around and walking up invisible steps then walking towards the aircraft and walking above the plane and dropping down into where ever their seating assignment is.

How do I let GSX know the waypoints have terminated so the passengers proceed to their seating assignments? I am at Airworthy TNCM Princess Juliana Intl.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Passengers not using jetway properly
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2024, 02:40:03 pm »
I set all the way points from inside the terminal to inside the first leg of the jetway, then another one at the turn inside the jetway, then another where the jet way terminates.

You misunderstood how walking waypoints are used on a gate with a jetway. They are ONLY used to represent the static part of the jetway, something like a bridge that connects to the moving part, check the manual at Page 57, which says exactly that:

Sometimes, you want to create custom paths for Passengers so they can walk through scenery elements that might not be “real” jetways, or climb over stairs. GSX customization can do that, by allowing to set an height from ground to each waypoint.

Waypoints in the animated part of the jetway are not customizable ( the jetway moves depending on the airplane model and position, so fixed waypoints would be useless ), they are supplied by Simconnect, so they are correct or not depending only how the jetway is modeled, inserted and how the airplane doors are configured. Nothing in GSX can change that.

Please read the manual at Page 79, which explains how the waypoints in the animated part of the jetway are used.

SgtMav316

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2024, 06:35:05 pm »
Thank you for the feedback, i was just winging it from the setting menu in the game, i will look up that info in the manual to get a better understanding. I see passengers walking through the jetway to inside of the aircraft, at other airports. But you are right i also noticed that they started inside the jetway at the bridge joint and not all the way from inside the airport terminal like how I was trying to do.

Again thank you for that info!

SgtMav316

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2024, 05:18:50 am »
Another question if you may, The Jetway comes up as "default bgl" i still noticed that I was only getting Gate Pax option and Paz wyp options. It wasnt saying "exit, secondary handle, main handle, and root" like in the manual. How would i be able to edit the bgl file but i dont seem to have the right software to edit the Jetway settings. What should I be using? Notepad and notepad++ doesnt work. I notice the jetway at AirWorthy Princess Juliana intl in the sim is higher than the standard 4.60 you indicate. It has a height of 5.04  instead. I tinkered around with "the walkers " in the terminal that feature works perfectly, but its getting this jetway to work thats still stumping me. Is there a way to edit out the default jetway and use a GSX one? to make thing a lil more simplified or is that irrelevant?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2024, 05:28:40 am by SgtMav316 »