Author Topic: reposition Main Menu  (Read 372 times)

hunterdouglas

reposition Main Menu
« on: August 20, 2024, 09:27:04 am »
when I open the GSX main menu, it opens on the right hand side of my screen,  I can move it to another position, but when I close and re open it goes back to its original right hand side location,   I would like it to open on the left hand side,  how do i do that please

VioletUtica

Re: reposition Main Menu
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2024, 02:59:05 pm »
Are you closing it with the [X] button or using a hotkey? I highly recommend using the hotkey. Also read the manual, specifically all of page 9 but especially the section titled "VERY IMPORTANT". I'm also unable to reproduce this behaviour, can you tell me what keys you're pressing to have the position reset?

If you want to get the most out of this plugin that you spent hard earned money on I highly recommend carefully reading the entire document. Half of the replies on this support forum is the developer saying "read this section is the manual I made".

Also the default hotkey is Ctrl+Shift+F12, which is unhelpful if you're a Steam user.

GSX Manual below:
http://www.virtualisoftware.com/update/setup/fsdtroot/couatl/GSX/GSX_manual_MSFS.pdf

hunterdouglas

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2024, 10:57:43 pm »
ok thanks, setting up the hot key fixed the problem. I must say that we should not have to read every single page of a manual. that menu button is a problem for alot of people, nearly everyone of us had to press that button twice to open GSX,  it's not very clear how it works unless we read pages and pages of a menu.

fabristunt

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2024, 11:10:37 pm »
If you do not like reading manuals, this might not be the best hobby for you...

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2024, 11:22:26 pm »
I must say that we should not have to read every single page of a manual. that menu button is a problem for alot of people, nearly everyone of us had to press that button twice to open GSX,  it's not very clear how it works unless we read pages and pages of a menu.
How else are they supposed to tell people how things work. Send a carrier pigeon?
Captain Kevin