Author Topic: Aural warning tone plays since update to 3.0.1  (Read 299 times)

glc100o

Aural warning tone plays since update to 3.0.1
« on: August 13, 2024, 09:37:29 pm »
GSX typically sends a brief low frequency aural warning tone if you try to do something like request deboarding with engines running. Since updating to 3.0.1 whenever I first materialize in my PMDG 777, I get three repetitions of that warning tone with no message. This occurs even if GSX has not been started. Anyone else experiencing this?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Aural warning tone plays since update to 3.0.1
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2024, 04:05:31 pm »
There are two possible reasons why you don't see text messages:

- You set the Verbosity slider in GSX to the lowest level, that suppresses most of the messages.

- You are using the menu incorrectly, always closing it with a mouse click on the Toolbar instead of using the Hotkey or the X icon, as explained in the manual where use of the menu is covered, page

This is now your normal workflow should be:
• Open the GSX menu from the Toolbar icon only when first starting Ground services.

• Don’t close it from the Toolbar while Ground services are performed, always use the Hot-key or the X icon to close the menu.

• Always use the Hot-key to re-open the menu, and always close it either with the Hot-key or the X icon.

• Close the menu using the Toolbar icon when you are done with Ground services, usually before take-off.

In brief, the Toolbar Icon should always be left Active while Ground services are required and as long as it’s Active, always use the Hot-key to open/close the menu.

One of the many side effects (all explained in the manual) of closing the menu with a click on the Toolbar icon when you are still using GSX, is you'll lose ALL text messages, no matter your Verbosity setting.