Author Topic: Fenix A320 & Seated PAX  (Read 978 times)

maorgr

Fenix A320 & Seated PAX
« on: August 03, 2024, 10:05:59 am »
Hello,

So I had updated the fenix, reapplied the layout via the GSX PRO GUI, but although I do see pax entering the aircraft, they disappear as soon as they "seat down"....This happens in all aircrafts.

- First and most obvious: have you Enabled Seated Passengers on the Fenix in the GSX Config page ? It's an OPT-IN option, is not on by default, for the obvious reason it will need to modify the airplane file, and we don't modify the airplane files without your explicit permission. I did verify that all aircraft are checked in the GSX PRO GUI

- If you are sure they are enabled, what is your view ? If you are in a VC View, Seated Passengers will only be visible if the Cockpit Door is open. They always show if you are in External or Showcase view. I just walk around the cabin using the arrow keys and ALT

- Are you using an unofficial livery ? If yes (assuming you use GSX 3.0.5, current version as of today), is the livery coming in a package with a name starting with fnx-aircraft-320_somelivery or FNX_320_somelivery ? If yes, those should be recognized by the installer, if the package has another name, you must rename it to conform to either standard. I use a .ptp file for every PMDG livery, but for fenix I do download liveries from flightsim.to

- Assuming the name of the livery package is correct, have you installed it AFTER you enabled Seated Passengers in GSX ? If yes, you should follow what the manual says at Page 10, the paragraph named Adding New Livery, which explains you must return to the GSX Config Page in the installer each time you add a new Livery. I did go to GSX GUI and "reapplied" the layout

- Are you using Auto FPS ? If yes, you must be sure the OLOD level never goes below 100, or 200 if you are in VR.  My OLOD is 160

I can see some of them from external view.

here's a short video showing this: https://imgur.com/a/QtREHgo

any idea what could be wrong ? Thanks you in advance.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2024, 01:53:32 pm by maorgr »

MrSauga

Re: Fenix A320 & Seated PAX
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2024, 04:24:11 pm »
It may or may not be related, but make sure the cabin door is open. When closed, pax disappear. When open, they appear. I'm pretty sure you checked that, based on your post, but I thought I would mention it again as it seemed to be the obvious.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2024, 04:26:35 pm by MrSauga »

maorgr

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2024, 05:56:25 pm »
Yes. my bad.. it's working fine with the door being opened. Thank you !

What should I do in case I fly the PMDG 737, 777 and the Maddog though ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2024, 02:14:34 am »
What should I do in case I fly the PMDG 737, 777 and the Maddog though ?

The same, except the 737, which doesn't have an animated cockpit door, so the passengers are enabled with the Chime Only (No Smoking) switch OFF.

avantime

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2024, 01:49:39 am »
Just wondering with regards to the Fenix A32X, would it be possible to make the seated passengers either permanently shown in the GSX options, or use a different button/clickspot (e.g. Audio switching on the overhead panel for the guy in the observer seat) to activate/deactivate seated passengers?

When I click the door open it takes a second for the seated passengers to spawn, and when I close the door the seated passengers despawn immediately before the door closing animation is complete and the door is closed. This is very immersion breaking because you have to see the door in order to click it open/closed.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2024, 01:51:29 am by avantime »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2024, 11:34:39 am »
When I click the door open it takes a second for the seated passengers to spawn, and when I close the door the seated passengers despawn immediately before the door closing animation is complete and the door is closed. This is very immersion breaking because you have to see the door in order to click it open/closed.

It won't change anything if we used a different switch or control. The redraw is not handled by GSX, but by MSFS itself and fact it's taking time, it's precisely because MSFS has really cleared all memory taken by models/textures, that's why the fps impact is basically zero if they are hidden by the door.

Yes, an option to ignore the door will fix this, but it would mean you'll have to go through an extra step in the setting is you NEED to get back all your fps, and users forgetting it's there, will just complain about "Seated passengers kills my fps".

avantime

« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2024, 10:44:31 pm »
Thanks for the reply, just wondering if you can at least delay despawning the seated pax by, say, 5 seconds as the door closing animation completes?

And interestingly if I force quit Couatl after the seated pax spawns, the seated pax stays visible all the time.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2024, 11:01:12 pm by avantime »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2024, 02:21:22 am »
Thanks for the reply, just wondering if you can at least delay despawning the seated pax by, say, 5 seconds as the door closing animation completes?

Maybe I wasn't clear enough: seated passengers performs so good (before release, most people assumed they would completely destroy fps), because they are not controlled by GSX: the FSDT Installer will patch the airplane so, they become an integral part of the airplane. They are attached for the whole flight and stay glued to it without requiring ANY commands sent from GSX to the sim.

So, it's the airplane own xml model which will handle their visibility based on variables we set, we could do what you are suggesting only if we completely control the Seated passengers like we do with the Walking ones. But that would not only have a very bad impact on performance because of the Simconnect traffic required to handle them, and because of the Simconnect inherent lag, they would jump all over the place when the airplane pick up speed.