Author Topic: GSX disappeared from MSFS and "Target drive not using NTFS"  (Read 436 times)

Darewell

GSX disappeared from MSFS and "Target drive not using NTFS"
« on: August 02, 2024, 05:33:18 pm »
So new problem here,

I have been using GSX since release without issues, today I just bought a scenery and added it to the jetways exclusion list, as usual.

When I launched the sim GSX was not present anymore, I tried to reinstalled but the fsdtinstaller says my drive is not formatted in NTFS, while it is and always have been. I also noticed it doesn't detect correctly my community path at the bottom, adding "\\?\" at the beginning.

I don't understand what happened, all was working fine yesterday, no Windows updates neither.

Darewell

Re: GSX disappeared from MSFS and "Target drive not using NTFS"
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2024, 05:53:50 pm »
I reinstalled the fsdinstaller, the community path was shown correctly until I reinstalled GSX.

dsmbell

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2024, 05:58:08 pm »
This sounds the same problem as I have posted here

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,32012.0.html

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2024, 02:32:12 am »
The problem has been fixed as soon it was reported, so it's not happening again, and since the installer can update itself automatically, you should get the fixed version if you start it again.

Having the Community folder listed with the \\?\ prefix is not a problem, it's the standard Windows notation that allows to support extra-long file paths that can happen with some 3rd party liveries with very long names on their own, if you installed MSFS in the default already very long path. Now it's no longer a problem.