Author Topic: Pushback at taxi-out stands  (Read 946 times)

WebMaximus

Pushback at taxi-out stands
« on: July 30, 2024, 05:36:29 pm »
What is the proper way to finish the GSX session when you're at a taxi-out stand with no pushback required?

When choosing the Prepare for Push-back and Departure option from the menu, sometimes I'm asked if I would like pushback but sometimes I don't get that question. Meaning the ground crew will start preparing for pushback even when I'm parked at a remote/taxi-out stand. I then need to abort the pushback request and manually close the doors.

Not sure if this is due to how the airport config is designed or if it's a setting I missed somewhere?

Based on how I sometimes get the question, I guess it's more likely to be a airport config issue rather than a general setting somewhere but thought I would ask in here what you guys do when parked at a remote stand?
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Pushback at taxi-out stands
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2024, 06:04:33 pm »
It depends if the airport profile (or you) have correctly configured these stands as No Pushback. If it hasn't, it will always offer a Pushback option, either custom or straight.

hobeprime

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2024, 08:36:16 pm »
I have an additional question on that one:

At my "home" airport, there are stands that can but do not have to push back.
If I see it correctly, there is no configuration option for that kind of stands, right?

Would it be possible to add an option where you can choose pushback AND taxi-out possible, and upon requesting departure you could choose if you want to taxi out or be pushed?

This is especially important when flying on an online network where you don't know in advance whether you will taxi out or have to be pushed. Currently, I just roll through the pushback truck...

Thanks and kind regards,

Dennis

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2024, 02:52:43 pm »
Would it be possible to add an option where you can choose pushback AND taxi-out possible, and upon requesting departure you could choose if you want to taxi out or be pushed?

Set the Pushback preference to None, and enable the "Always ask for Pushback" option in the settings.

hobeprime

« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2024, 03:35:34 pm »
Thanks for the swift reply!
Unfortunately, I don't seem to have the mentioned options. Mine looks like this:

Where else would I have to look for it?

Thanks.
Dennis

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2024, 04:55:59 pm »
Dennis, have you tried clicking on the pushback tab at the top. Looks like you're on the parking tab.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2024, 11:57:52 am »
Unfortunately, I don't seem to have the mentioned options.

Because you are in the Pushback type preference for the parking spot. The "NONE" option is in "Pushback Direction" list of the Pushback tab.

hobeprime

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2024, 09:07:48 pm »
Hello again,

sorry for taking that much time to reply. I have a lot of real world work to do and can't fly very often.

Boarding goes as usual. When I request departure, I get the question if I would like to request pushback.
When I click "Yes", the ramp agent talks to the cockpit and the pusback truck will be connected.
When I click "No", I get the message: "Have a good trip" and nothing more happens.
The pushback truck remains where it was and I have to taxi trough it.

I think I would expect (and I belive that this option was available under FS2004 or FSX - it's so long ago...) that the ramp agent would still connect to the cockpit and talk me through the engine start and give a thumbs up and that the pushback truck would just drive away.

Kind regards,
Dennis

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2024, 11:47:02 pm »
When I click "Yes", the ramp agent talks to the cockpit and the pusback truck will be connected.  When I click "No", I get the message: "Have a good trip" and nothing more happens.

That's how's supposed to work.

I think I would expect (and I belive that this option was available under FS2004 or FSX - it's so long ago...) that the ramp agent would still connect to the cockpit and talk me through the engine start and give a thumbs up and that the pushback truck would just drive away.

There was no GSX in FS9 (maybe you are confusing it with AES, that was for FS9) and GSX never had the option to not have a pushback, it was added recently, and always worked like this.

hobeprime

« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2024, 11:44:09 am »
OK. Thanks for the clarification. I'm obviously getting old...

Kind regards
Dennis