Author Topic: RE: Discord  (Read 403 times)

glc100o

RE: Discord
« on: July 28, 2024, 07:54:46 pm »
 I am hoping Discord will not become the official support channel for FSDT. I went there and it is  confusing mess. Random chats that cannot be filtered. Support requests that are difficult to filter and sort through.

I do not understand what folks who use it like about it.

But that is OK, to each his own.

This forum is easy to read, as are the replies, and easy to sort through. Not sure what to make of the fact that official support for the complex issues like planes disappearing requiring re-installs,has not been officially recognized, much less any information on solutions has not been forthcoming in this forum, leaving folks stranded on what to do.
Did recent update address this issue? I have enabled the passengers option but with issues around non PMDG liveries not working and some folks losing their aircraft by unchecking or checking the box, I would like to just disable it for all my PMDG products but I am afraid that will corrupt them and cause need for reinstall. For foreseeable future I will just not call for boarding and use GSX for pushback only.

Someone said it had been addressed on Discord, but good finding any reference to that there.

So would appreciate some official feedback on this and future status of this forum.

psolk

Re: RE: Discord
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2024, 08:39:48 pm »
100%  On top of that I didn't realize when I closed it that it was only minimized and suddenly started getting alerts left and right about topics like show your cockpit which had nothing to do with me so don't forget to turn notifications off..
« Last Edit: July 28, 2024, 09:44:40 pm by psolk »

K8BCO

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2024, 09:39:53 pm »
I'm glad it's not just me. It's a horrible support tool. Other developers use it exclusively and it drives me nuts.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2024, 11:04:54 pm »
When we offered support only through this forum, lots of users complained about forums being a thing of the past, and since lots of developers have moved to Discord, we should have done the same to keep up with the times.

Since users are always right, I had to divide my limited time (which hasn't increased because now there's another channel to keep track of, in addition to email of course) between the forum and Discord and, even if I don't really like Discord myself, I must admit some issues ARE solved much quickly there.

That doesn't mean the forum will be "abandoned", just that you can't expect the same response time here as before.

In addition to that, I also was in vacation these days, so that might have added to the response delay.