Author Topic: PMDG planes missing from MSFS after enabling seating option  (Read 3968 times)

psolk

Re: PMDG planes missing from MSFS after enabling seating option
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2024, 02:09:17 pm »
So I now have both my PMDG planes and GSX loading again. 
I re-ran the FSDT Live Update but "not" the FSDT Installer so it completed and silently exited. 
Re-Loaded MSFS and both the PMDG planes and GSX are there and loading.

Despite this there is no PMDG "integration"   Called the jetway which worked, requested boarding and started getting notifications to open Cargo doors and the crew walked through entry 2 rather than open it first...

Next step would be to go back into FSDT Installer and "configure" GSX for seated passengers in the 777 and see if it repeats this entire process again and improves the door integration and seated passengers or starts the uninstall-re-install process again. 

Edit:  Went into FSDT Installer and used the Configure option to re-enable 777 Seated Passengers.  On the bright side, nothing was removed or deleted this time.  I did only enable 1 plane at a time however so I have NOT enabled the 737 800 Seated passengers option yet.  I did not want to make too many changes at once.

Edit 2:  Re-Ran FSDT Installer and enabled 737 800 seated passengers.  Again, no disappearing planes this time and GSX is functioning however similar to the 777 using the PMDG ofiicial United livery passengers board, turn right (although at least they use the aisle not throug the galley) and then disappear.

So neither the 737 or 777 with PMDG official United liveries are working.  MS Store editiion.  Also, my Community folder location is non-standard.  It is M:/MSFS/Community  if that is relevant.       

So now at least I am back where I started with the 777 and GSX loaded using the United Evo Blue livery (PMDG official via Ops Center) but there is no door control, crew and passengers board as though it is a single aisle aircraft getting on the plane turning in the middle of the galley towards the cabin and then disappearing into the galley. 

« Last Edit: July 25, 2024, 03:26:56 pm by psolk »

SN737

« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2024, 04:50:42 pm »
This happened to me yesterday with the PMDG 737 after enabling seats in the config. It removed all my 737's from MSFS. It's a big GSX bug.

maxrank

« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2024, 06:43:18 pm »
Any updates on this clear issue? My sim with Fenix and PMDG aircraft is now unplayable. A little dramatic I know, but I paid money for this software and would like to have a least a response from the team managing it as to what solutions are going to be implemented.

plguzman

« Reply #18 on: July 25, 2024, 07:55:23 pm »
Ok, so I decided to reenable the sitting passenger option in my 777 and it worked, passengers entered the plane and sit, didn't disappear. The other planes still in the hangar, even the Fenix.

I will be activating the option as I need for now, until we get more information about this issue.

psolk

« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2024, 08:06:20 pm »
Can you expand on how you got it to work?

Did you uncheck the seated passengers option and restart GSX then recheck it or just go in uncheck it and recheck it?  What livery are you using? 
Thank you

Edit:  I tried just re-running the FSDT Installer which is what it says you need to do if you add a new livery as well as unchecking, restarting and re-checking an no luck so I give up at this point.  Until there is some sort of official fix I am just unchecking the option and glad to at least have my PMDG aircraft back in the sim.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2024, 08:48:21 pm by psolk »

plguzman

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2024, 11:37:46 pm »
I first disabled the passenger option for all planes (they show in the FSDT installer and in content manager, but not in hangar). Then I decided to uninstall completely the 777 and reinstalled. All planes appeared again in hangar. I made a flight with the 777 and no passenger option (they boarded but disappeared as before). Then I decided to re-enable the passenger option (for 777 only), and it worked.

I will now use the Fenix. Will enable the option for the A320 and see what happens. GSX never stopped working for me, planes or not in hangar.

psolk

« Reply #21 on: July 25, 2024, 11:45:47 pm »
Thanks for responding! 
I am in flight now with the passengers option disabled so maybe after this flight I will shut down MSFS, reboot my machine and try enabling for just the 777 again.

Frustrating but the worst part of the planes not showing up is at least resolved with a complete re-install which unfortunately means also resetting all your personal settings.   
Thanks again.

keino333

« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2024, 04:25:31 am »

Did you uncheck the seated passengers option and restart GSX then recheck it or just go in uncheck it and recheck it?  What livery are you using? 
Thank you

Edit:  I tried just re-running the FSDT Installer which is what it says you need to do if you add a new livery as well as unchecking, restarting and re-checking an no luck so I give up at this point.  Until there is some sort of official fix I am just unchecking the option and glad to at least have my PMDG aircraft back in the sim.
I'm with you on this.  I love GSX, but not to this level of aggravation.  I'll wait for several updates before enabling this again.  The time wasting have to uninstall and reinstall is far too texting.   

plguzman

« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2024, 05:06:05 am »
Enabled just the Fenix and it worked fine. Planes in hangar. Maybe the trick is to activate one at a time...

psolk

« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2024, 01:02:32 pm »

Thank you

I'm with you on this.  I love GSX, but not to this level of aggravation.  I'll wait for several updates before enabling this again.  The time wasting have to uninstall and reinstall is far too texting.

Agreed and the radio silence in terms of acknowledging there is an issue that is impacting numerous users to the point they are having to reinstall their addons after trying to enable a GSX feature is a little off-putting. 
At least acknowledge the issuies and let us know they are being worked on.  I don't think one of these threads has had a developer respond...

SN737

« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2024, 05:10:38 pm »

Thank you

Agreed and the radio silence in terms of acknowledging there is an issue that is impacting numerous users to the point they are having to reinstall their addons after trying to enable a GSX feature is a little off-putting. 
At least acknowledge the issuies and let us know they are being worked on.  I don't think one of these threads has had a developer respond...
exactly this

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2024, 08:02:35 pm »
The last time Umberto was on the forum was on the 23rd, and the initial post was made on the 24th, so I'm not sure how he could have responded to a post he hasn't seen.
Captain Kevin

Darewell

« Reply #27 on: July 26, 2024, 08:20:45 pm »
The last time Umberto was on the forum was on the 23rd, and the initial post was made on the 24th, so I'm not sure how he could have responded to a post he hasn't seen.

By being on the official forums instead of the unofficial discord?

psolk

« Reply #28 on: July 26, 2024, 08:24:59 pm »
With all due respect unless he is unwell then I can't understand releasing 3.07 and then not monitoring the official forums to see if there are issues which there have been... 
So hopefully he is well the last time he was on Avsim was also Wed although if he is on Discord but at the same time not even checking here that's quite baffling. 
Give everyone the benefit of the doubt though and hope all is well with Umberto.  To be fair to him it's not like him to be non-responsive.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2024, 08:30:56 pm by psolk »

Darewell

« Reply #29 on: July 26, 2024, 08:33:26 pm »
With all due respect unless he is unwell then I can't understand releasing 3.07 and then not monitoring the official forums to see if there are issues which there have been... 
So hopefully he is well the last time he was on Avsim was also Wed although if he is on Discord but at the same time not even checking here that's quite baffling. 
Give everyone the benefit of the doubt though and hope all is well with Umberto.  To be fair to him it's not like him to be non-responsive.

He is currently troubleshooting on the unofficial discord at the time we speak.