Author Topic: Can PMDG integration be turned OFF?  (Read 620 times)

MD-82

Can PMDG integration be turned OFF?
« on: July 28, 2024, 10:15:53 am »
Hello,

as the title says, is there a way to turn on or off airplane integration? I'm a bit OCD, even going as far as (for example) adding to the basic empty weight by using PMDG's other load field and setting the passenger breakdown per cabin. Due to PMDG limitations, GSX can't integrate in the same way as it does with Fenix. Because of this I often find it better to set up everything myself. So, I was wondering if there is any way to disable GSX's PMDG integration whilst keeping the more basic integration of door sensing for example.

Thanks,

Xander

Darewell

Re: Can PMDG integration be turned OFF?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2024, 10:51:27 am »
Unfortunately it already had been asked in the past in vain.

You can overwrite what GSX has typed in the payload page though.

But I think GSX integration is better than native PMDG simbrief integration, as it takes the correct PAX number and Cargo value directly from the OFP. On the other hand native PMDG integration seems to be based only on the ZFW and results in incorrect PAX et cargo values (relative to Simbrief OFP), and it will always gives you more or less the same CG (boring).
« Last Edit: July 28, 2024, 12:02:04 pm by Darewell »

MD-82

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2024, 12:27:00 pm »
Thanks for the post  ;). Yeah, I might need to modify my pre-departure flows and let it do it's thing. Only modifying everything once GSX has finished messing about  ;D . I've been PMDG'ing since forever so it will be hard.

Thanks again ...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2024, 11:15:59 pm »
Please clarify what you need to modify after GSX has set up the values. The only things I can think of might be:

- the distribution between 1st class and economy class. The number will always match but, since Simbrief doesn't support multiple classes (the exported flightplan only has a total passenger number), the GSX integration will distribute them randomly, still respecting the total.

- the fuel rounding, maybe you don't like that option?

MD-82

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2024, 10:25:18 am »
Hey Umberto,

mainly passenger, cargo and "other/BA" configuration, yes. But as I said, I'm a bit OCD. I also noticed that both L1 and L2 are opened, but I am not sure if it is GSX or PMDG doing it. As we know, MSFS only supports one bridge. So I end up closing one of the doors most of the time. Not a problem. If the option was there I would disable it, but I can work around it.