Author Topic: Conflicting information in the MSFS 2020 file exe.xml  (Read 415 times)

Jeff721

Conflicting information in the MSFS 2020 file exe.xml
« on: August 02, 2024, 08:16:22 pm »
Good day all,

I have read in this forum some users are having issues with the couatl64_MSFS.exe...  Lucky enough, I did not experienced those issues yet.  But as it is taking forever to load MSFS, I did go check in the exe.xml file if there was anything out of the extraordinary and noticed numerous instances of "Couatl"...  I guess these were added/appended during the GSX updates?!?!  Can someone tell me which one I should have and which one I should remove?  I'm using MSFS 2020 (latest update) on a Windows 11 Pro PC.  Below is a copy of the file's content (minus the " at the begining and the end).

Thanks!

"<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252"?>
<SimBase.Document Type="SimConnect" version="1,0">
  <Descr>Auto launch external applications on MSFS start</Descr>
  <Filename>exe.xml</Filename>
  <Disabled>False</Disabled>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>AFCBridge</Name>
    <Path>D:\Games\FS2020\community\AFC_Bridge\bin\AFC_Bridge.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>FSLTL_Injector</Name>
    <Path>D:\Games\FS2020\Community\fsltl-traffic-injector\fsltl-trafficinjector.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>FBW_SimBridge</Name>
    <Path>D:\Games\FS2020\Community\flybywire-externaltools-simbridge\fbw-simbridge.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Couatl-1</Name>
    <Disabled>True</Disabled>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl64\couatl64_MSFS.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Couatl-2</Name>
    <Path>C:\Program Files (x86)\Addon Manager\couatl64\couatl64_boot.exe</Path>
  </Launch.Addon>
  <Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Couatl</Name>
  </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>"

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Conflicting information in the MSFS 2020 file exe.xml
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2024, 02:28:52 am »
We surely don't create multiple instances of the couatl lines. Those names Couatl-1, Couatl-2 looks as if they were either done manually, or by some kind of management utility that must have some very weird way to arranging things it should meddle in to begin with.

The only line added by our installer is this one:

<Launch.Addon>
    <Name>Couatl</Name>
  </Launch.Addon>

All the others are not added by our installer which, in fact, should be able to automatically remove all the extra, so I wonder why it couldn't. That is, unless the file is in some way corrupted, so our installer won't even touch it.

Jeff721

Re: Conflicting information in the MSFS 2020 file exe.xml
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2024, 12:56:49 am »
Thanks for the clarifications! 

I really have no clues how the other entries managed to get there!  I will remove them manually from the file.

Thanks again!