Author Topic: GSX Pro can’t find the PMDG 737 folder for seated passengers  (Read 2704 times)

Pranav_Srinivasan

As the title says. Might have something to do with how windows handles file paths. similar problem with the PMDG 777 installer on release day so maybe they know the fix?

Pranav_Srinivasan

Re: GSX Pro can’t find the PMDG 737 folder for seated passengers
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2024, 04:06:38 am »
It has now led the config page of the installer unusable as it keeps searching for the folder but can’t find it. Tried to uninstall and reinstall gsx from the installer and it still wouldn’t let me use the config page at all.  PLIS FIX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2024, 04:13:08 am »
Is the airplane bought from the MS Store or from PMDG ?

Pranav_Srinivasan

« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2024, 04:36:38 am »
from pmdg

moosestaffa83

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2024, 05:51:36 am »
I have the exact same problem. The config runs through the files for Fenix, Maddog, Pilots Dash 7, then gets to PMDG 737 and says it can't find a file path to a livery and crashes. Aircraft is from PMDG store, not MS store. I verified the file path it was talking about and there doesn't appear to be anything different compared to others. The livery was installed via the PMDG Ops center, just like all the other liveries. I tried pulling the liveries out as they popped an error code, thinking they would just fail one after the other. But to my surprise, only a few from each aircraft failed, and once they were all pulled out, the process finished. I tried re-installing the problem liveries once the configurator had successfully run once but alas, the error code returned. I cannot for the life of me see why some work and some don't, and they are all from PMDG, none from flightsim.to or anything like that. I have listed the ones that didn't work for me, mind you this list is not necessarily exhaustive as I don't have every PMDG livery installed for each aircraft. The problem ones are listed below:

PMDG 737-700
     SAS Scandinavian Airlines (SE-RJX - 2020 - Vagn Viking)
PMDG 737-700BBJ
     Bopper Airways (N101TD - 2020 - Indianapolis Colts)
PMDG 737-700BDSF
     Alaska Airlines Cargo (N626AS - 2017 - New Eskimo)
PMDG 737-800BCF
     FedEx (G-NPTD - 2019 - Operated by West Atlantic)
     Prime Air (N5147A - 2019 - Operated by Southern Air
PMDG 737-900ER
     United Airlines (N75435 - 2016 - Continental Retro)

sharky44

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2024, 06:20:03 am »
Same problem here with the 777. Stuck in loop on config page. Aircraft purchased from PMDG. I checked those file locations and they are present ,so dont know why it cant see them. I also had problems with the Fenix A320 when using the config page but in that case it, the passengers update just didnt work on certain liveries but the process would finish and I just chose not to use the passenger feature and unchecked the Airbus A320 box, no problem there. However with the PMDG 777 button checked in config, I get those errors and now after ignoring the errors and continuing the process never ends and is in a loop looking for these liveries,, continues to do this even after restarting installer and running config. Guess I could delete liveries(British Airways and KLM) and run config that way see if I can uncheck 777 like I did with the A320 and try different liveries, see if that makes a difference.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2024, 01:57:05 pm by sharky44 »

sharky44

« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2024, 01:59:57 pm »
Anyone have any joy fixing this problem?. Was wondering if its a file location length thing?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2024, 01:12:03 am »
Yes, I think there's an issue with extra long filepaths, which in your case seems to be aggravated by the fact your community folder is on in the normal place, but in D:\Wpsystem\xxxxxxxxxxxx, which is a guid that usually indicates things like having switched user.

Can you try running the FSDT Live Update again now ? There's a new installer to try that has an extra flag that should ( in theory ) make it work better with these extra long paths.

moosestaffa83

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2024, 04:58:32 am »
No joy, tried running the FSDT Live Update, it did its thing. Then went into the FSDT Installer and the GSX config section and it hung up on the same aircraft. The SAS 737-700.

sharky44

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2024, 08:12:23 am »
Hi folks , Just an update on my problem with the T7. OK I managed to clear the unhandled exception by removing the two liveries I had installed via PMDG Op Centre. I was then able to uncheck the passenger tick box for the T7 in the config menu and all works ok in the config menu, all be it I cannot have passengers seated, I`m ok with that at the moment. I did discover something else whilst playing about. If I had any liveries installed, from the Op centre, other than Singapore Airlines,  China Eastern, Phillippine Airlines, Turkish Airlines or United, then the unhandled exception would occur. Also If I then loaded up one of these "working" liveries with the seated passengers enabled in config, some of the crew and all of the passengers have pink textures when seated.
I realise I need to sort out my MSFS file location issue but its too late in the game to mess about with that, I`m happy to just fly and when MSFS 2024 comes out, I`ll sort out all the bells and whistles that add to the sim.

Update: I confirmed that my problem is definitely caused by long file name location of my community folder. The PDMG installer doesn't install the "Behaviors" folder when installing liveries to the liveries folder, because the location file name is too long. was confirmed by selecting the PMDG livery in the sim and running the GSX seated passengers option in config, GSX worked flawlessly, seated passengers, no pink textures etc.I found out this is because the PMDG livery is contained within the aircraft folder itself, not the liveries folder so the file name location is not as long but as I said I`ll hang on till I have to install MSFS 2024 to sort it out as the only way to solve it is to reinstall MSFS 2020 in a different location with shorter file name. Not a problem for me at the moment but just thought I`d let people know my findings.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2024, 08:23:48 am by sharky44 »

maxrank

Re: GSX Pro Removed all PMDG and Fenix Aircraft
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2024, 02:34:54 am »
I have updated to the latest version of GSX and upon boot both Fenix and PMDG aircraft are gone from my Aircraft list. In addition GSX shows inactive on the FLOW wheel I use.
I have reinstalled the PMDG 777 and it shows upon boot, but when going back to the GSX installer and selecting passenger either off or on it again removes the install from my aircraft selection.

Any ideas of what has broken and how to fix would be greatly appreciated

jeffsilvajs

Re: GSX Pro Removed all PMDG and Fenix Aircraft
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2024, 02:47:51 am »
I have updated to the latest version of GSX and upon boot both Fenix and PMDG aircraft are gone from my Aircraft list. In addition GSX shows inactive on the FLOW wheel I use.
I have reinstalled the PMDG 777 and it shows upon boot, but when going back to the GSX installer and selecting passenger either off or on it again removes the install from my aircraft selection.

Any ideas of what has broken and how to fix would be greatly appreciated

Exact same problem here

moosestaffa83

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2024, 12:01:33 am »
I can verify after the 3.0.8 update, I'm still getting the error with the liveries. I did not have any issue with it detecting the aircraft though, like was posted above.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2024, 12:35:33 am »
I can verify after the 3.0.8 update, I'm still getting the error with the liveries.

Which error, exactly, and which liveries, exactly ? The latest update has added more detection for faulty liveries, but some errors might still not be detected.

With "which liveries", I mean also a download link to them so I can test.

swapvobl

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2024, 11:44:14 am »
For me the option doesn't even display despite having the Fenix A319/320/321, ini A306 and the PMDG 777