Author Topic: Boarding invisible after turnaround  (Read 1072 times)

Framsen

Boarding invisible after turnaround
« on: July 07, 2024, 11:15:38 am »
Hi guys!

Nowadays I experience a bug, which never happened earlier.
Average 1. flight with boaring, deboarding - everything is fine
But after that I import 2. flight via simbrief, etc.. (no MSFS restart, no GSX restart), as I always did actually, I request boarding via Fenix, refueling fine, cargo fine, but passengers are not visible. Bus is standing there, I can hear "hello".
I tried to turn off this new visible seated pax thing, but same happens. After landing there are also no deboarding pax, only voice.

Thanks for help!  :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Boarding invisible after turnaround
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2024, 01:30:14 am »
Does it work if you restart GSX before the new leg ? If not, it's likely caused by having exceeded the maximum number of Simobject in the sim, so no requests to create new objects are accepted by the simulator.

Framsen

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2024, 02:40:26 pm »
Does it work if you restart GSX before the new leg ?

Yes, with GSX restart before the new leg it works fine

rsaberi

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2024, 11:39:00 pm »
I also did four legs of flights, restarted the GSX everytime (mid flight) and it worked fine. The night before at Dubai Airport (OMDB) I didn't see the passenger but that airport is busy and something may have been wrong. I am doing more testing and will report back. Last night all four legs worked fine. I have the Passengers in GSX for Fenix A320 off. I will report back here and MSFS forum (since we have been going back and forth there too) when I do more testing but seems like restarting GSX at minimum improves the situation.

Keight

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2024, 01:02:52 am »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2024, 05:42:38 pm »
reported this long ago and still experiencing it

As I already asked, does it work if you restart GSX before the new leg ? If not, it's likely caused by having exceeded the maximum number of Simobject in the sim, so no requests to create new objects are accepted by the simulator.

Keight

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2024, 07:43:40 pm »
as I already answered in the mentioned thread, yes it works if gsx restarted

rsaberi

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2024, 08:17:22 pm »
Hi Umberto,

As I also mentioned in MSFS forum, all works fine if GSX is restarted sometime before completion of each leg! Either in flight or right after landing! Everything works fine even with passengers on! I have done 4 nights of testing now with 3-4 legs and all worked good as long as GSX was restarted after every leg! If you park and GSX starts running and restart, it gets messy but if you do the restart before (I do it midflight to be safe), all works perfect! Hope you can come up with a way to fully restart GSX midflight (perhaps at 10,000 feet) or other methodology to fix this issue! For now, restarting works perfectly fine.

Framsen

« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2024, 10:05:01 am »

As I already asked, does it work if you restart GSX before the new leg ? If not, it's likely caused by having exceeded the maximum number of Simobject in the sim, so no requests to create new objects are accepted by the simulator.

Is there a suggestion how to solve this? Delete some kind of cache? Or restart msfs every time?
So during deboarding every single pax are visible, but during boarding not, are those the same Simobjects aren't there?

rsaberi

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2024, 09:23:16 am »
Restart GSX every time you get airborne or right after landing, before parking. This should resolve your issue until Umberto figures out a way to fix it in GSX. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2024, 06:12:10 pm »
Restart GSX every time you get airborne or right after landing, before parking. This should resolve your issue until Umberto figures out a way to fix it in GSX.

As I tried to explain to you so many times, it's not something we might be able to fix in GSX. I'll try to clarify:

- If it couldn't be fixed with a GSX restart, that would have been a 100% confirmation the problem wasn't GSX.

- If it can be fixed with a GSX restart, it's NOT a confirmation the problem IS caused (or can be fixed) by GSX, it might still be caused by having reached the max Simobject limit, and since when a client disconnects, the sim automatically clear every object created by it, restarting GSX might have just provided enough relief to allow new objects to be created again.

rsaberi

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2024, 08:18:05 am »
I think you should look into it. Are you not able to trigger something in GSX to restart itself once we are airborne? The restart definitely solves the issue! I have been doing that for many flights now with no issue.