Author Topic: GSX and PMDG 777 problems boarding and unboarding  (Read 3291 times)

Rolfht

GSX and PMDG 777 problems boarding and unboarding
« on: July 17, 2024, 05:42:53 pm »
When boarding passengers.  GSX starts with boarding crew.  The crew bus arrives, and after a very long time the crew walks in from somewhere out in the airport.  After they have entered the airplane everything stops.  Nothing happens.   The crew bus is out on the tarmac, and GSX is in pause.  Have to restart couatl to be able to initiate pushback.  When unboarding the crew and pilots also walks down the stairs, past the crew bus, and out into the airport area (taxiway or runway area).  They then after a long while disappears into an invisible door ??  The crew bus is left on the tarmac and GSX again stops. The unboarding passengers message is still on.

The ignore crew setting is on in settings.

Using the GSX profile from Hiraimomo https://flightsim.to/file/76762/pmdg-777-300er-gsx-profile

Has anyone figured this out ?

It is a while since I have parked at a gate, so I'm not sure if it is the same when boarding and deboarding through a jetway.

NOSfentor

Re: GSX and PMDG 777 problems boarding and unboarding
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2024, 12:53:23 pm »
Hi all

I see the same thing waiting for the crew as they seem to have missed their bus and now need to walk. :-)
Especially strange in my case, as I have "Ignore Crew During Boarding" (or whatever it is called) active in the settings and still GSX (in auto mode) starts boarding the crew first.

And when using the automatic mode, I wait forever for the fuel truck too. To the point where everything else is done but I cannot push back because refueling is still in progress.

Kind regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2024, 04:31:53 pm »
The airplane profile supplied by PMDG works, no need to use extra ones.

NOSfentor

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2024, 08:45:06 pm »
Hi Umberto

I did not load another profile and GSX says "Developer Provided".

Kind regards

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2024, 01:21:03 am »
I did not load another profile and GSX says "Developer Provided".

I was replying to the OP who said he used a 3rd party profile.

In your case, everything will work and yes, since the airplane code seems to have set-up a crew and pilots number explicitly, the general setting to ignore Pilots/Crew is overridden, because that's how is supposed to work: the airplane code has higher priority over the generic setting, and in this specific case, it was asked by developers the menu would be skipped if they set the crew/pilots number from the airplane code, so the more recently added menu won't disrupt existing automation they had in place before it was even possible to see the pilot/crew menu.

Rolfht

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2024, 01:55:16 pm »
I have the same problems now and I'm now running without the 3rd party GSX profile from Hiraimomo. It is deleted from the virtuali folder.
When boarding the GSX crew bus appears and for a while nothing happens, then the crew starts walking towards the plane from somewhere within the airfield/airport.  They enter the plane and then GSX stops.  The boarding is  not continued, and no passengers are being boarded. The crew bus just stands there.  in  the menu it says "boarding crew now".

I repeat I'm NOT running any 3rd party profile.

Anton52311

« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2024, 03:42:40 pm »
I had exactly the same today as Rolfht. Crew will walk to the plane, then no more boarding of passengers. Menu says Boarding crew. After restarting couatl, and choosing boarding again, crew and passengers will board.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: July 22, 2024, 06:41:58 pm »
I can only repeat and confirm this doesn't happen here. However, I suggest to wait for the 3.0.7 update which should be out later today.

Rolfht

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2024, 09:47:48 pm »
Updated to 3.0.7.

Still having the same problem.  Crew bus arrives.  Crew then starts to walk in from somewhere out in the airfield. 8 of them as far as could see.  They enter the airplane, and then nothing more happens.
Menu is hanging on "Boarding Crew now".  After restarting coatl, and requesting boarding once more it starts with boarding passengers, and everything works fine it seems.

I noticed GSX is now closing the cargo doors, but after waiting for a while I had to close the passenger doors by myself.  Didn't get a chance to see if GSX opened the doors, as I did that by myself via the EFB as I usually do.

Didn't see any seated passengers though.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2024, 01:22:26 am »
I still can only repeat and confirm it doesn't happen here, and I saw several pictures of people with the full airplane.

Please clarify exactly which kind of parking spot it was ( Jetway, Apron with Bus, Apron with Walk-in) and all possible reference to the precise airport, if it's not default the scenery used, and if you used a GSX Profile for it.

Rolfht

« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2024, 10:08:24 am »
- It happens on every airport I have tried. Both default and 3rd party,  marketplace and freeware (flightsim.to).
- I'm using the default PMDG GSX profile

- It only happens when parked out on the apron and Using stairs.  It seems to be both walk in and bus. The crew bus arrives, but the crew walks in from the airfield.  When coatl is restarted and the boarding is requested again, the crew and pilots does not (try to) board and the passengers bus arrives and the boarding continues correctly

When parked at a gate and using Jetway everything seems to be 100%.

Thx

ArslanTuregun

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2024, 12:31:30 pm »
Hi,
I am not using the seated pax feature but last night 2 friends and I have tried with PMDG 777s.
First of all, crew problem happens randomly. If my friend re-starts couatl and asks for the crew, they come by crew bus.
Second thing. On one friends 777 pax enters and sits while on the other ones 777 they disappear just before sitting.
Again, I have not tested this myself bu have seen what happens in real time simultaneously.
Cheers,
Arslan

Edit:
They both have GSX profile by PMDG.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2024, 12:33:49 pm by ArslanTuregun »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2024, 01:18:29 am »
Be sure you run the FSDT Live Update now, because there's a small update (version number hasn't changed) that *might* fix this.

RogePete

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2024, 06:35:24 pm »
Problem still exists with default (PMDG) profile on any airport, when using stairs and bus transfer. One Crew bus arrives, opens doors and that's it. No crew, no end of crew boarding. I wish we could deactivate the messed up crew boarding. But devs know better, right?  :(

Moath Sayel

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2024, 10:05:42 pm »
I can confirm after FSDT update applied now fire up msfs "stuck on Crew Boarding" B77W..