Author Topic: Will it be compatible with pmdg777 in the future?  (Read 930 times)

ChiKa

Will it be compatible with pmdg777 in the future?
« on: July 15, 2024, 09:45:21 am »
Given pmdg's arrogant attitude, I wouldn't expect a complete and seamless experience like fenix. Love your product ;)

Justinthomas7

Re: Will it be compatible with pmdg777 in the future?
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2024, 04:01:24 am »
GSX integrates with PMDG's 737, can't see why it won't integrate with the 777 in time.

PMDG products are fantastic.

pete_auau

« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2024, 09:10:32 am »
there is already a gsx profile already for  the  777

GeorgyPainter

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2024, 11:35:20 am »
Unfortunately, it doesn’t work correctly. Look through last posts on this forum concerning the 777 compatibility

Justinthomas7

« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2024, 11:59:48 pm »
I'm sure it won't take much for full integration like gsx has with the 737
-set fuel & payload automatically
-open doors automatically
-fine tune things like ability to refuel during boarding etc

The other thing I've noticed is you have to stop about 20m short of the marshal position but the jetways etc still work.

airbumps

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2024, 12:21:02 pm »
I am surprised with the amount of time its taking to get a formal (internal) profile for the 777....particularly given the speed at which community has been able to produce profiles...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2024, 04:21:00 pm »
I am surprised with the amount of time its taking to get a formal (internal) profile for the 777....particularly given the speed at which community has been able to produce profiles...

There's no need for an internal profile, because the one provided by PMDG works and, since they provided one, it won't change anything even if we had an internal profile, since the one supplied by PMDG would take precedence anyway so, the one and only benefit of having an internal profile, would be in case you removed/lost the PMDG-own profile for some reason.

If you are referring to a GSX INTEGRATION, like the one we made for the 737, that's another entirely different matter than a "profile", that's actual coding, and we'll do that, but it's not something that can be done as quickly as a profile and we'll release it together with the Seated Passengers.

Both features are basically done and complete, and the reason they haven't been released yet, because we needed an update from PMDG, which is supposed to be included in the micro-update they released, but since I don't see it mentioned in the release notes, I'll have to test today if they added it without having it included in the release notes, and see if it does what we needed to make the integration works ( basically, we need custom LVars to know if some PMDG vehicles are attached, to send them away in that case )