Author Topic: gsx download in fsdreamteam live update but doesnt show in msfs  (Read 1188 times)

rynatlike

so i have an issue i downloaded gsx through the fsdt live update and it shows that its linked and its downloaded but when i go into msfs theres no sign of gsx nothing in the toolbar nothing  and also im not sure but maybe its because i dont have exe.xml file? im not sure tho i bought my msfs from steam btw and also all of my drives are NTFS

« Last Edit: July 11, 2024, 03:36:32 pm by rynatlike »

rynatlike

Re: gsx download in fsdreamteam live update but doesnt show in msfs
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2024, 03:49:16 pm »
Also could this be the problem ? translation: (line1 2 3)object couatl64_boot.exe referenced by this shortcut was edited or moved and shortucut cant work anymore

(line4-5) the closest objest by size date and type c:/progarm files/microsoft office/root/vfs/pro.../eqnedt32.exe

(line6-7) do you want to delete the shortuct or fix it so that it would direct to that object

(options) 1:fix 2:delete 3:cancel

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2024, 11:04:12 pm »
Most likely the antivirus, removing files by having mistaken them for threats.

- Configure the antivirus to add the whole Addon Manager folder to the antivirus EXCLUSIONS

- Run another update CHECK to restore any missing files.

rynatlike

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2024, 08:05:00 pm »
i excluded the 2 addon manager folders from antivirus check and ran the fsdt live update still nothing :(

rynatlike

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2024, 09:01:23 pm »
something happend to the fsdt installer again :( ill try to repeat the same actions as u did for this problem

rynatlike

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2024, 09:45:03 pm »
i also just fixed the fsdt installer again it showed that gsx wasnt installed so installed it again relinked checked for updates it showed that it was downloaded but in msfs still no sign with the addon manager folders exlcuded from antivirus

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2024, 05:52:45 pm »
Is GSX reported as "Installed" in green?

rynatlike

« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2024, 08:37:35 pm »
sorry for the late reply but ive had some problems lately like msfs being lost in itself so i had to redownloaded it but now that im back i go into the fsdt installer and theres the problem with the fsdt installer so i did the same thing as i did in the last post it worked then it showed that i had an update for gsx so now im updating but your question was if it showed that gsx is reported as installed in green and i dont know how to specifically check for that so ill just attach a screenshot of what i think u meant by that

rynatlike

« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2024, 08:49:58 pm »
update while trying to start to sim it told me i have an update for msfs im thinking this is somehow related to gsx since i had a flight in the sim a few hours prior so it couldnt have been a sim update but anyway the update was 306  mb and it downloaded something called generic airports   

another update: even with gsx showing as successfully downloaded in the fsdt installer theres still  no sign of gsx in the sim ( apart from the sim update after the gsx update) :(
« Last Edit: August 22, 2024, 09:03:55 pm by rynatlike »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2024, 12:04:39 am »
Your last screenshot showed GSX to be unlinked, so it's normal it won't show up in the sim. You must click RELINK and it should then read "Installed" in green.

rynatlike

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2024, 09:07:03 pm »
i clicked relink nothing changed after even 5 minutes it just did something but the text didnt change