Author Topic: This Gate Has a Default Jetway  (Read 888 times)

MikeDub37

This Gate Has a Default Jetway
« on: July 11, 2024, 02:25:55 am »
Whats up everyone, I am very frustrated with KOAK airport I am using BMWorld and have a profile installed off of inibuilds, I also get this problem at other airports as well. I have tryed everything repositioning aircraft at gate, disabling the airport in the config section in the FSDT installer and it still says This Gate Has a Default Jetway and it never ever connects. Would like to know a fix for this thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: This Gate Has a Default Jetway
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2024, 11:12:14 pm »
In MSFS, GSX will ALWAYS tell a gate has a Default Jetway no matter what, because the message doesn't refer to how the jetway "looks", it refers to which system the jetway uses to work, which was really meaningful only in FSX/P3D, because there, we had TWO different systems for Jetways: Default or SODE, which worked differently, so the message was there to clarify that, so you would know how to operate them.

In MSFS, there's no SODE, so the only system available for Jetways, is the Default MSFS system, that's why the message in MSFS will always be the same, even if the jetway has a custom model.

That also explains why, if a Jetway doesn't work, it's nothing GSX can control, because the only thing GSX does, is asking the sim to make it work so, whether it works or not, is completely out of GSX control, and it's a combination of your parking position, the airplane doors setup, how the jetway has been modeled, and how it has been positioned in the scenery.

This, of course, assuming you are using GSX correctly, which includes being sure GSX Replacement Jetways are DISABLED for all 3rd party airports, because they are only meant to be used on Default airports. The manual at Page 7 clearly explains all of that, so no use repeating here but, in brief, if you don't Disable GSX Jetway replacement files for all non-default airports, you are introducing a conflict which will *surely* prevent jetways from working.

If you are sure you did all correctly, and the Jetways replacement files for that airport has been Disabled in GSX (so you will see Jetways that come with the scenery, not GSX's), then GSX is now completely unrelated to any jetway issue you might have, so it's not working, it's a problem of the combination of all above factors (position, doors, jetway)

MikeDub37

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2024, 11:26:08 pm »
Yeah for some strange reason it worked now,  I disabled the KOAK airport yesterday moving it from enabled to disabled and it still would not work, but for some reason because I hit the EXCLUDE 3rd party button that did something and now the jetways work. Not sure why it didnt work when I manually disabled it but clicking the EXCLUDE 3RD PARTY button made it work. the jetways seemed a bit far from the airplane and for some reason when it started working again the jetways moved closer so not really sure how I got it to work but it works now. Does hitting the exclude 3rd party button differ and update it differently then it does manually? Also I saw that you put in another post that even after an update we should hit the exclude 3rd party button as well

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2024, 11:38:59 pm »
Does hitting the exclude 3rd party button differ and update it differently then it does manually?

If with "manually", you mean adding the airport code manually to the Disabled list, assuming you had to do it because it wasn't there already, this happens if:

- You installed the airport AFTER you ran the "Excluded 3rd party" routine or updated GSX.

- The airport comes in a package that doesn't follow the official naming standard suggested by the SDK, so it must be added manually by code.

MikeDub37

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2024, 11:43:47 pm »
yeah so I should of hit the EXCLUDE 3rd party button but I never do that even after an update so I think thats what fixed the issue

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2024, 11:52:50 pm »
yeah so I should of hit the EXCLUDE 3rd party button but I never do that even after an update so I think thats what fixed the issue

No, you must click the "Exclude 3rd party" button ONLY if you added an airport AFTER the last time you clicked it OR the last time you ran a GSX update. This because doing a GSX Update will ALSO automatically run the "Exclude 3rd party" for you, the reason why there's a button, is that you can run the exclusion even if you don't need/want to update.

In other words, after you add a new airport, you should EITHER run a GSX Update (but it's overkill if there isn't one available) OR click "Exclude 3rd party", it's not required to do both.

MikeDub37

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2024, 12:04:51 am »
Thanks for all your help im just trying to figure out what actually made the airport jetways work, I really dont know what I did to get it to work. I feel like it was because I hit the EXCLUDE 3rd party button.