Author Topic: FSDT Universal Installer NOT UPDATING  (Read 581 times)

HenryD

FSDT Universal Installer NOT UPDATING
« on: July 17, 2024, 03:45:34 pm »
Hello,

Having done a fresh Install of GSX and P3dv5.4, I cannot get GSX to run. Couatl Keeps Crashing due to the previously reported 'FSDT_GSX_Font_BLED_VGDS_small_yellow issue.

I noticed on that thread that you said that fault was due to using an outdated copy of GSX.

I have tried several times to Update GSX and GSX L2 to the latest version (3.06?) through the UNIVERSAL INSTALLER but it is only installing version 2.9.8.  I have also tried using the live update exe that comes with GSX with the same result.

Please note that i always disable windows defender while installing and after every re-boot.

I'm on my 10th hour of trying to fix this and am at the point of giving up.

Your help would be appreciated

Henry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSDT Universal Installer NOT UPDATING
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2024, 03:41:57 am »
I have tried several times to Update GSX and GSX L2 to the latest version (3.06?) through the UNIVERSAL INSTALLER but it is only installing version 2.9.8.  I have also tried using the live update exe that comes with GSX with the same result.

You are confusing GSX Pro ( the MSFS version ) with GSX/GSX L2. Latest version for P3D is 2.9.8, but when you use the Live Update to update it, it will bring the GSX *code* to the latest version, which won't be listed anywhere, since the GSX code is not a standard executable and FSX/P3D don't have a manifest file like MSFS, so we have no way to show the version.

But if you run the Live Update, and it doesn't download anything else, you HAVE the latest version-