Author Topic: Mixed loading for WB  (Read 714 times)

MaximumN2

Mixed loading for WB
« on: July 07, 2024, 10:23:30 pm »
Hi everyone,

I am not totally sure if this has been asked before, but after a search, I didn't find any topic on this.

It is a common practice in real-world aviation that widebody aircraft are loaded with cargo pallets and containers for baggage at the same time. At the moment, GSX doesn't do this, if I am not mistaken. So, I was wondering if there are any plans to introduce mixed loading during the boarding process with GSX in the future? It would be great to have a more comprehensive loading system that accurately reflects the logistics of handling both passenger baggage and various types of cargo for the same aircraft.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Mixed loading for WB
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2024, 10:46:05 pm »
Check the GSX aircraft profile, you should be able to select which containers and pallets you want to be able to load. At least this was the case for P3D.
Captain Kevin

MaximumN2

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2024, 10:49:02 pm »
But you cant mix them and thats my point.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2024, 01:57:02 am »
It doesn't let you select more than one?
Captain Kevin

MaximumN2

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2024, 07:40:28 am »
Again, that is not the point. Nevertheless, all the pallets that GSX has modeled are too big for the compartment of the 777, which is the next problem.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2024, 07:58:29 am »
I'm not really sure what you mean that isn't the point. You said GSX doesn't let you load containers and pallets at the same time. I told you to check the GSX aircraft profile because you can select them there. At least with P3D, you could select multiple items, in which case, you could select both containers and pallets, and that would, in fact, solve your problem. I'm not sure if MSFS allows you to select multiple items simultaneously because I don't use MSFS, so I can't check and confirm, although I don't have any reason to believe  it wouldn't do this. If the pallets are too big, of course that would be a different issue altogether.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2024, 01:24:22 am »
Again, that is not the point. Nevertheless, all the pallets that GSX has modeled are too big for the compartment of the 777, which is the next problem.

All ULD containers in GSX have accurate dimensions. The most common ULD used by the 777 is the AKE (LD3), but I think it can also use ALF or ALP

However, those labeled as PALLET, are NOT supposed to be used in the lower cargo hold of a passenger airplane, but on the Main cargo bay of freighters.