Author Topic: Only one container loaded 777  (Read 1075 times)

alexm90

Only one container loaded 777
« on: July 07, 2024, 09:19:56 pm »
Hello,

I noticed that I only have one container loaded with the PMDG 777 and also boarding is a bit off with the 777 - its not using the correct Pax Number from simbrief anylonger. What am I doing wrong? (Estimate passenger number is disabled)

KR
Alex

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
Re: Only one container loaded 777
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2024, 10:44:58 pm »
Alex, have a look at the following two threads. One is Umberto's explanation, the other is an issue that I've discovered. Hopefully one of them makes sense.

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,31563.msg200828.html#msg200828
https://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,31827.0.html
Captain Kevin

plguzman

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2024, 06:25:15 am »
I have noticed as well that the passenger number is not the same in boarding as in deboarding.

alexm90

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2024, 09:40:57 am »
Kevin - thank you for your two posts.

Im not really getting the grips around this - because it has worked for me in the past and just with the newly released PMDG 777 it started acting weird.  I am using SimBrief and therefore it cant be related to the aircraft being not loaded before calling GSX.

I also noticed, that the passenger numbers vary between boarding and deboarding - and that the simbrief-field in GSX turns red upon deboarding (was of course green before boarding and loaded)

I will be doing a flight with Fenix later and check if these problems occur as well, but something clearly is off with GSX for PMDG 777.

Captain Kevin

• Beta tester
  • Captain Kevin
    • Captain Kevin
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2024, 07:58:14 pm »
Im not really getting the grips around this - because it has worked for me in the past and just with the newly released PMDG 777 it started acting weird.
Question for you. Is it happening with any other PMDG aircraft if you have any. I ask because in my case, I had this happen with the Boeing 747-400.
Captain Kevin

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2024, 01:15:02 am »
You should post your log, because from what other users posted, it seems PMDG has added some integration code in GSX, and is setting the passengers number on its own and, the general rule in GSX is that, when the airplane sets some variable to control GSX, it always has the last word, overwriting even GSX own Simbrief.

dashcapt

« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2024, 03:55:42 pm »
Work around for anyone interested. Set max payload in fmc before calling up GSX. Enter GSX and reset aircraft position at current gate. Load simbrief via EFB. Then set your pax and payload figures in fmc. When requesting boarding you should have three baggage containers per loader.